tennis elbow wish it would go away

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
didnt say you cant have more than one mate ive had 6 and only the first one did anything the other just made it feel a little better for a few days:-(

me too

dunt matter anyway now does it, im in for the op :RpS_scared: not looking forward to being put to sleep

my son lost a lot of time off work with what the doc thought was tennis elbow, it turned out when he saw the consultant,that the muscle in his arm had fused to the bone giving him pain every time he closed his hand. a simple op and every thing has been ok for a few years now

ye danny lets hope so, he told me out of all the people that he has operated on the people who havent had any injections ment the best

I had my op in 1982 i think and been fine since apart from the odd twinge well worth having done but expect a few weeks of work after the op.

andy ive not shuvved any sh!t up the wall for about 3 months now mate i cant hold anything with my left hand, sometimes i have to lift my grolsch with the other hand, just glad i have a very nice cousin thats looking after me work wise:)

`interesting reading all this. I have had tennis elbow since November last year and not used a trowel since except for a small wall in July wet gear on sbr. Sore as hell the next day again after 8 months of resting it.

I have been the Chiro and he has put me on exercises but has told me at least 2 years of rest and even then I will have a weak elbow. This has really got me down and what with not being on the tools and the wet year we have had it has had a big effect on my income. Much to the point I am looking for alternative employment.

The doctor and Chiro reckons doing 40 year on the trowel I have done well but it is the trowel that has caused it. Lots of little tears over the years and now a big one. Rest and it might heal, it night not. Never been one for the injections, prefer surgery but that vid has put me off! The damage caused by the scalpel alone!

I am going to book myself in for an injection next week and if that does nothing then depending on what job I am doing it may be surgery. I was hoping to have had private surgery this week so I have Jan & feb to get over it but with the low income I have not been able to save enough.

It will be interesting to see how your operation goes. Good luck with it.

rigs the surgeon told me that the injections are shite and if you have the op after having the injections it will only slow the healing down at best at worst it might stop it healing all together, he also told me that if i hadnt have had all those injections he would have done the new treatment thats going round, they take ya blood put it in one of those centrifuge things then take the white blood cells out and inject them into the area where needed and it mends the tendons (prob a bit more to it but thats the best way to explain it) the surgeon said that he wouldnt want to do that treatment on me because of all the injections that i have had :-(

rigs my doctor knew nothing about it when i asked him
ill have a little look on the net for ya

Well NPS, I went to my quacks yesterday and before I showed him that print off he suggested the blood placlet job. It so happens he and a partner runs a private clinic and has bought in the technology to do this work. He has quoted £250 and can do it within the week. I have a 2 week job started so I will be having it done in about 2 weeks. Don't know if I need time off with it being non invasive?

Will keep you posted.

please do rigsby, it would be nice to know how it goes. When ive had my left done and if the right one is still fooked im gonna ask for the blood work on it and keep my fingers crossed he says yes and not no because ive had to many needles on it

all best and fingers crossed for ya mate

That sounds like a good price Rigsby if it works, ide be inclined to have at least a week of after to give it a chance but se what he says.

i cant remember now how long the surgeon said. id be having a week off too even if the quack says only one day

Well NPS, I went to my quacks yesterday and before I showed him that print off he suggested the blood placlet job. It so happens he and a partner runs a private clinic and has bought in the technology to do this work. He has quoted £250 and can do it within the week. I have a 2 week job started so I will be having it done in about 2 weeks. Don't know if I need time off with it being non invasive?

Will keep you posted.
Best of luck with it Rigsby ,hope it works for you :RpS_thumbup:

I recently had official wankers cramp aka repetitive strain syndrome. It looked like a lump a few inches down from my wrist and felt like my arm was tensed SOLID for days. The doctor told me to take 3 weeks off and after i explained am self employed with a family to support he looked at me like i was mad. Easier said than done when hes sat behind a desk, smaller gauges done the trick and a few weekends off.

I recently had official wankers cramp aka repetitive strain syndrome. It looked like a lump a few inches down from my wrist and felt like my arm was tensed SOLID for days. The doctor told me to take 3 weeks off and after i explained am self employed with a family to support he looked at me like i was mad. Easier said than done when hes sat behind a desk, smaller gauges done the trick and a few weekends off.
Had a consultant say to me"would you consider going in to management" oh yes manage what I thought

does a copper band really help ?i have been told they do by some plasterers but sone say they start to rot your hands away.

Went to book myself in for the blood treatment and he has delayed it for a couple of months. Apparently he knows how to do it but for the elbow he does not know about how to advise on post op rehabilitation. Until he can advise I have got to wait.

Delayed for 2 months cos he dont know what he is doing,worse than some of the ***** who come on here,tell him to do it and just have a month of at my place in Spain, rents quite cheap at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.