tennis elbow wish it would go away

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.
so let me get this right ian your doctor lent over to touch it and you pulled away..............is your gp a doctor saville by any chance??

A man goes to his doctor for his physical and gets sent to the Urologist as a precaution.When he gets there, he discovers the urologist is a very pretty female doctor.The female doctor says, 'I'm going to check your prostate today, but this new procedure is a little different from what you are probably used to. I want you to lie on your right side, bend your knees, then while I check your prostate, take a deep breath and say, 99.'The guy obeys and says, '99'!The doctor says, 'Great. Now turn over on your left side and again, while I repeat the check, take a deep breath and say, 99.'Again, the guy says, '99.'The doctor said, 'Very good. Now then, I want you to lie on your back with your knees raised. I'm going to check your prostate with this hand, and with the other hand I'm going to hold on to your penis to keep it out of the way. Now take a deep breath and say, 99.'The guy begins,'One ... Two ... Three'...

Thats where you whent wrong mate thats just an advert your supposed to put it on your dick
it wouldnt fit mate cos i bought the large one by mistake :RpS_thumbsup:
so let me get this right ian your doctor lent over to touch it and you pulled away..............is your gp a doctor saville by any chance??

nope but it wouldnt be the first time hes had my knackers in his hands:RpS_w00t:

correct, hey sometimes i have to lift the glass with both arms cos its that bad and im not kidding:RpS_scared:

If its getting that bad , you need to ask your doctor for a quarter zone injection , I tried tablets creams and potions !!! Eased for a while but always came back ! Finally I got my quarter zone injection on a Friday and rested it over the weekend and back to some light work on the Monday ! Never had a twinge since ! My dad who also works for me as a plasterer let his tennis elbow just continue and kept ignoring it , he had operation to fix and was out of work for 6 wks ! Go get ya quarter zone !

Mine went away about a month or 2 after third injection. Got it on my left elbow last year as well carrying sheets of plasterboard up to a flat. If you google it theres lots of exercises you can do which help.

If its getting that bad , you need to ask your doctor for a quarter zone injection , I tried tablets creams and potions !!! Eased for a while but always came back ! Finally I got my quarter zone injection on a Friday and rested it over the weekend and back to some light work on the Monday ! Never had a twinge since ! My dad who also works for me as a plasterer let his tennis elbow just continue and kept ignoring it , he had operation to fix and was out of work for 6 wks ! Go get ya quarter zone !

ive had 6, 4 in one arm and 2 in the other (6 months intervals ) ive refused any more

ive had it in my right elbow for over 3 year and in my left for about 2 year, the left is fncked i cant do owt with that arm

ive had 6, 4 in one arm and 2 in the other (6 months intervals ) ive refused any more

ive had it in my right elbow for over 3 year and in my left for about 2 year, the left is fncked i cant do owt with that arm

Bet it hasn't stopped you wanking though. :RpS_biggrin:

Too true.:RpS_thumbup:

rude_confucius_card-p137304335459048665b21fb_400_zps8a937fbf.jpg
....:RpS_scared::RpS_lol:

the tennis elbow doctor speaks

apparently it's good for your prostrate banging one out once a day, clears the tubes as it were

i have had it in my left arm for about 4 month's now, and it's still not getting better, the first time i had an injection , the doc said not to have the injection this time, but it's doing my head in, at least it's not my strongest arm , what we meant to do ? just get-on with it i expect .......

docs says not to stop using it but to go steady has to stop using it will not do it any good, so a day at home wanking every now and then it is then (long slow strokes)

This is a pretty good exercise for tennis and golfers elbows.

Have your arm straight but not ramrod straight. Tense the forearm muscles ONLY just a little. Do not tense the shoulder or hand. The hand should be open and relaxed as possible. This might take a little practice. Hold the tension for a few seconds. Relax and then repeat but use a little more tension each rep until you are really giving it your all but without pain. Do this for several reps. Do it whenever you think about it throughout the day.
Massage the aching muscle quite firmly across its width, not along the length

Does anyone know what the operation consists of perhaps there is a you tube film someone can find ! i would not know how to put a film on here !! what is tennis elbow ? is something coming away from the bone ?.....

Ihad the op must be getting on for 30 years ago i asked the surgeon what it entailed but he wouldnt tell me, only a small incision but a good few weeks of work after the op, very painfull maybe things are different these days with keyhole.

what is tennis elbow ? is something coming away from the bone ?.....
No.
Tennis elbow is an overuse injury occurring in the lateral side of the elbow region, but more specifically it occurs at the common extensor tendon that originates from the lateral epicondyle. The acute pain that a person might feel occurs as one fully extends the arm.
In one study,[SUP][3][/SUP] data was collected from 113 patients who had tennis elbow, and the main factor common to them all was overexertion. Sportspersons as well as those who used the same repetitive motion for many years, especially in their profession, suffered from tennis elbow. It was also common in individuals who performed motions they were unaccustomed to. The data also mentioned that the majority of patients suffered tennis elbow in their right arms.
Link Tennis elbow - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Some other things apart from the tensing exercise I posted above, that have helped me are to use trowels and floats etc with the thinnest handles I can find. I would much rather use a cheap and nasty float if it has a thin handle than a top quality one with a thick handle. I can work much better if I am not getting pain. Also to move closer to the piece of work rather than reaching and to not use material that is getting dry.

went to the quacks 2 weeks ago (it wasnt my doc he was holiday) told her that ive had enough now and i want a scan or something! she said 'ok ill get you an appointment with the surgeon go home and ill sort it for you', sure enough she did, 3 hours later she phones me up to come get the paper work and ive to book the appointment myself, goes home logs into the nhs website with the passcode and password she gave me and booked myself to see him today (i could pick any hospital i wanted so i picked the private BUPA one) he spoke like he was in the royal family posh as fook. he told me that if i hadnt have had all the cortisone injections he would have done the blood work process but cos i have had them done he'll do the op instead on the 27th of feb

I think copper bracelet is a placebo really, When I had tennis elbow,i tried everything too, used to wrap cloth around the handle of the trowel to change the grip I was using, it does help, tennis elbow is one of those things that may go away on its own, cortisone does help as it reduces inflamation and allows you to do exercises that help...

the surgeon told me under no circumstances have any more injections, if they dont work after the first one they wont work at all, theyll just knack it up... he didnt say it like that though he was far far too posh

the surgeon told me under no circumstances have any more injections, if they dont work after the first one they wont work at all, theyll just knack it up... he didnt say it like that though he was far far too posh
Normally its a max of three at least it is for shoulders, I think it has to be same for elbows..

Can I get a cortisone injection more than once?

Yes. There is no rule as to how many cortisone injections can be given. Often physicians do not want to give more than three, but there is not really a specific limit to the number of shots. However, there are some practical limitations. If a cortisone injection wears off quickly or does not help the problem, then repeating it may not be worthwhile. Also, animal studies have shown effects of weakening of tendons and softening of cartilage with cortisone injections. Repeated cortisone injections multiply these effects and increase the risk of potential problems. This is the reason many physicians limit the number of injections they offer to a patient.

Status
Not open for further replies.