Summing up my options

Status
Not open for further replies.

sylar

Hi my name is Matt and i am reaching a point where i am trying to decide the career which will best suite me. I am keen to get into the construction industry even though it is heavily suffering at the moment due to the recession. I understand that there have been recessions before and the industry will once again pick up. I am looking at various courses in centres/colleges and i am trying to decide which will best suite me. At the moment i am trying to gather all information available before taking the big leap in deciding what i want to do for the rest of my working life, thank you for reading and i will welcome all constructive advice and comments. :)

i would recommend plumbing and heating, by far the best payed job with the least daily effort.

Because Our Lord Jesus was a carpenter, and he would be happy to know that a member of his congregation was following in his footsteps.

TonyM said:
Because Our Lord Jesus was a carpenter, and he would be happy to know that a member of his congregation was following in his footsteps.

Oh dear ::) his dad was the carpenter.

sylar said:
TonyM said:

Oh dear ::) his dad was the carpenter.

If you'd listened in your RE classes, you would know that Jesus was a carpenter too.

When I first started in the building game it was recommended to me to keep away from the wet trades!! Heavy labour intensive and cold in the winter! Did I listen, no, I love what I do, no other trade can go into a a s**t hole of a house or room and leave it like new! Job satisfaction I believe! Plus good money to be made and will be again! People still have water leaks, decorate, put foot through ceilings, etc.....the work will come back.

Status
Not open for further replies.