Sub-par Plastering?

To b

To be honest mate you need to call him back out and show him the s**t job he’s done and the mess he’s made of your skirtings and carpets and ask for some of your money back
Yeah I'm gonna call him back again. He got defensive when I called him back round and that was when the filler was brought out...

On a side note, one of the walls upstairs has these lines. They're not cracks as it's smooth, but anything to be concerned about?

Attachments

• IMG_9939.jpeg
    IMG_9939.jpeg
    883.3 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_9945.jpeg
    IMG_9945.jpeg
    596 KB · Views: 163
Ended up getting them back out and they literally just sanded (with no dust bag) and left the place a state with my lungs taking most of it. Decorator has been around and it's honestly not the best, decorator didn't do much prep either which has left a pretty crap finish on a lot of it, especially at night or in harsh light.

Live and learn, just frustrating paying so much money and not getting the people who give a s**t about the job they're doing.

Attachments

• IMG_0359.jpeg
    IMG_0359.jpeg
    437.1 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_0352.jpeg
    IMG_0352.jpeg
    527.2 KB · Views: 124
Ended up getting them back out and they literally just sanded (with no dust bag) and left the place a state with my lungs taking most of it. Decorator has been around and it's honestly not the best, decorator didn't do much prep either which has left a pretty crap finish on a lot of it, especially at night or in harsh light.

Live and learn, just frustrating paying so much money and not getting the people who give a s**t about the job they're doing.
These clowns need reporting, fill their adverts with bad reviews.

These clowns need reporting, fill their adverts with bad reviews.
Honestly, learnt my lesson with using people I 'know' so to speak, even with a word-of-mouth recommendation. The chippies I used were great to deal with when there were some issues.

I can be a bit of a perfectionist but I'm going to have to try and just not look at those walls on a day-to-day...

Honestly, learnt my lesson with using people I 'know' so to speak, even with a word-of-mouth recommendation. The chippies I used were great to deal with when there were some issues.

I can be a bit of a perfectionist but I'm going to have to try and just not look at those walls on a day-to-day...

Unfortunately no plasterer visited your property :it is that simple ….

You are meant to be paying your hard earned money to a highly skilled tradesman, so being a “perfectionist” is not unreasonable at all.

You are meant to be paying your hard earned money to a highly skilled tradesman, so being a “perfectionist” is not unreasonable at all.
This was my line of thinking not gonna lie. I won't go into the decorator and what he said, but I've learnt to not use family recommendations but now am £2500 out and have a s**t finish on the majority of the house.

Just some decorating pics below. God it makes me angry. Gonna try and fix some myself but if anyone has any recommendations in the West Midlands (North Birmingham) I'll happily take them.

Attachments

• IMG_0364.jpeg
    IMG_0364.jpeg
    675.5 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_0352.jpeg
    IMG_0352.jpeg
    527.2 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_0357.jpeg
    IMG_0357.jpeg
    562.2 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_0362.jpeg
    IMG_0362.jpeg
    604.8 KB · Views: 107
Been meaning to post this since before Christmas but just been putting it all off because I think I know what the answer is. Had these cracks appear about 2 months after the job, the large crack in the first picture (IMG_1451) when tapping, the plaster feels hollow the rest just look horrific.

This isn't normal is it 2 months after a reskim?

Attachments

• IMG_1451.jpeg
    IMG_1451.jpeg
    721.1 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_1453.jpeg
    IMG_1453.jpeg
    338.7 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_1454.jpeg
    IMG_1454.jpeg
    392.9 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_1511.jpeg
    IMG_1511.jpeg
    603.2 KB · Views: 45
Been meaning to post this since before Christmas but just been putting it all off because I think I know what the answer is. Had these cracks appear about 2 months after the job, the large crack in the first picture (IMG_1451) when tapping, the plaster feels hollow the rest just look horrific.

This isn't normal is it 2 months after a reskim?
Sexy name you have there, now about this crack of yours ! ;)