Staircase

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdiliev

We are in North London, Southgate and need an experienced plasterer to plaster underneath our new staircase (2 winders).

The plasterboard is not in place yet nor the mesh but we can put them in ourselves, if necessary (not sure how it works).

Please contact us as we need them done ASAP.

Thank you

It works by fitting a breathable membrane underneath the mesh, the mesh needs a decent framework to support it,south gate is a bit far from me, Clapham based but its a days work for a plasterer and labourer , the first coat of bonding on the eml would need cement added as an accelerant ,then a second coat of bonding with more cement to allow it to be done in one day.

Just done a house in wood green, but its one hr there and nearly two home, not the end of the world I suppose, I could do Friday I think but locals would be cheaper, if you don't get anyone by tomorrow I will give you a call.

You don't need a breathable membrane under the mesh and Id say it's a lot more than one days work

I have done them in a day but it depends on site conditions carpet etc ,mixing area, occupied houses would be slower than sites

Go for it john, midilieve I think johns saying it would cost 300 labour plus mats I'd snap his hand off

ive done quite a few of these never put a membrane under also wouldnt want to put cement through it las thing you want is the bonding setting before you have properly formed it, the thing with these is you can form them then run over one last bit and itll throw the shape out enough to look odd so you have to go back and form another little bit again.
last one we did was a double winder i think it was priced at 1500 that was to board mesh form and skim and skim the small hall walls at the bottom aswell

im guessing you would want it boarded and meshed before u got there to do it in a day,, cement in the first coat of bonding saves a lot of time,, i dont usually bother putting it in second coat but then i normally set next day

ive done quite a few of these never put a membrane under also wouldnt want to put cement through it las thing you want is the bonding setting before you have properly formed it, the thing with these is you can form them then run over one last bit and itll throw the shape out enough to look odd so you have to go back and form another little bit again.
last one we did was a double winder i think it was priced at 1500 that was to board mesh form and skim and skim the small hall walls at the bottom aswell
did you get this price off a private client or off a plastering contractor,, sounds a good price,,

I think I have enough experience to form these properly but thanks for putting doubt in the customers mind, I used to do them for loft companies as some of their plasterers used to swerve doing them as they were nervous of achieving the correct finish . The are all different and I normally done them in the re skim of a loft and hallway when a new loft is built.

I think I have enough experience to form these properly but thanks for putting doubt in the customers mind, I used to do them for loft companies as some of their plasterers used to swerve doing them as they were nervous of achieving the correct finish . The are all different and I normally done them in the re skim of a loft and hallway when a new loft is built.

no worries:RpS_thumbup: glad i could be of assistance

loads of cement and sponge you're base coat yarp yarp

Its a nice little job for someone, too far for me which is a pity as I was free tomorrow.

Last edited:
loads of cement and sponge you're base coat yarp yarp

ive never put cement through when ive done one not sure why just prefer to have the extra time to tweak as and when ive wanted, i prefer to have 2 short days doin these form first day and skim next day.
usually let the bonding set up a bit them run a brush over it:RpS_thumbup:

I do a couple a year for a builder. Normally bond first day and skim next simply because ive got other stuff to do but if I only had one to do it could be done in a day. Ive never put anything behind the eml though?

I do a couple a year for a builder. Normally bond first day and skim next simply because ive got other stuff to do but if I only had one to do it could be done in a day. Ive never put anything behind the eml though?
If something is behind the eml it will halve the amount of bonding you use.

ive never put cement through when ive done one not sure why just prefer to have the extra time to tweak as and when ive wanted, i prefer to have 2 short days doin these form first day and skim next day.
usually let the bonding set up a bit them run a brush over it:RpS_thumbup:
Tweak, its a simple thing, bang on first coat ,allow it to pull in ,second coat will create the base you skim so you leave it shaped so a trowel can follow the curves as much as possible.

yeah if i leave at about 6 haha i cnt do it im stacked out weve got loads on at the moment scotts got us running about like headless chickens trying to keep up with it all

If I do the eml I put rock wool in to try and deaden the sound of people running up and down the the stairs,every little helps

Status
Not open for further replies.