Social Housing Work

Members online

claret66

On for a guy,doing social housing.What a s**t job,wait for materials,wait for homeowner to get up(sometimes they don't).Dirtyest houses you've ever seen,got to do job in day.Knock plaster off wall, apply Limelite renovating,wait to dry then skim same day,or you don't get paid.Cant touch electrics,wait for electrician who sometimes dont come.What a load of shite,only there till i get something else..But how people live in these houses is disgusting

Rather eat dogshit thsn entertain that

Attachments

• 20240422_132109.jpg
    20240422_132109.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 40
Years ago used to do work for a housing association, a young and keen lad I was in those days !
Turns up one day at the door of one of the tenant's, fat bird she was, with my job line in hand. A little patch up job. She's not happy, has to go out to meet her Mum or somthing !
I says " I'm here now, will only take an hour can I not just pull the door behind me"
She's like" Well I suppose so" and as she's walking out the door says " don't you be going through my knicker drawer ! "
To which I replied " Don't flatter yourself ! " :ROFLMAO:

On for a guy,doing social housing.What a s**t job,wait for materials,wait for homeowner to get up(sometimes they don't).Dirtyest houses you've ever seen,got to do job in day.Knock plaster off wall, apply Limelite renovating,wait to dry then skim same day,or you don't get paid.Cant touch electrics,wait for electrician who sometimes dont come.What a load of shite,only there till i get something else..But how people live in these houses is disgusting
There’s no way you’re finishing limelite the same day!

There’s no way you’re finishing limelite the same day!
You have too or you don't get paid,if you go back next day,it affects your money.The other day I was asked to knock off a m2 on 2 front room walls,Limelite it and skim in day,and also patch a ceiling.

You have too or you don't get paid,if you go back next day,it affects your money.The other day I was asked to knock off a m2 on 2 front room walls,Limelite it and skim in day,and also patch a ceiling.
It’s impossible to finish limelite the same day!
slurry coat and let it dry
Scratch coat and let it dry
Top coat and let it dry then your using limelite finish and that’s setting the same day! I’m calling BS
Reason being we used it for 6months straight and was waiting around 7 days for it to dry properly to skim it and that finish that you have to use you could get the whole upstairs on in one set of the morning and finish it for around 3-4o clock

I had it on for about 11,skimmed it at 1 ish.I know you shouldn't but,hey ho.Seem keen to sort it after what happened to the boy who died from the mould on the walls in Lancashire.A lot of work is putting latts on wall,insulated board and skim.

in no particular order, some social housing jobs,
1.stop looking at my tits , the t shirt said , i would rather have faced a pack of skinheads first, she was rough,
2. i kid you not one house had to be cleaned out/fumigated , before we went in
3. radiators ,gas fire on full blast, thought i was going to pass out, the heat,
4.brand new kitchen installed in one property, 2 days later ripped out ,smashed to bits,
5. fleas in one house , everywhere, walked in and walked out,
6. warned about 1 house i was going to , dear me the worst yet, spent there days drinking cheap lager, and the language,
7. one bloke was given a voucher to go to currys, brand new big screen television,
8. one bloke stayed in bed, wanted me to work round him, sod that i was off,
9.got a bacon sandwich on one job, watched her make it, swimming around in strange colour fat in frying pan, chucked it,
10. left me handboard on a job one day, went back on the monday to pick it up, and the 2 rugrats aged approx 7 and 9 years old, had spent all weekend throwing there dirty underwear at it, using it like some kind of tombola, new handboard.

I had it on for about 11,skimmed it at 1 ish.I know you shouldn't but,hey ho.Seem keen to sort it after what happened to the boy who died from the mould on the walls in Lancashire.A lot of work is putting latts on wall,insulated board and skim.
Where abouts you working? Horrible jobs. Get out of there rapid!

It's not the social housing company that's the problem it's the w**k*r that your working for that's full of shite.
Your the plasterer, you tell him how long it's going to take, as Murky said you shouldn't be floating and setting with limelite same day.

Was in a block of flats yesterday,up and down in lift with materials.Drug dealing going on all day,and once you went out of door,you had to wait for someone,to let you back in.See what today brings,but he's losing lads every day,and think I will be next.