smooth render

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
A frenchman is a special tool for cutting weather struck pointing made from a butter knife, ive never heard of a plastering tool called this but i could be wrong.
Lucius

lucius said:
A frenchman is a special tool for cutting weather struck pointing made from a butter knife, ive never heard of a plastering tool called this but i could be wrong.
Lucius

i normaly call it the wood thing but someone told me it was called a frenchman ;D

steve cov said:
if you read that, then look at the video of it on youtube. you will understand.

he has made a nice job of them but i like to build mine out more than that, look how shallow they are and then think he still has to topcoat.

i thought that. then i wondered if there was any way you could do them on top of the second coat. i know you have to fill out the whole section but would it be that much ball ache to scrape it off?

steve cov said:
i thought that. then i wondered if there was any way you could do them on top of the second coat. i know you have to fill out the whole section but would it be that much ball ache to scrape it off?

i supose if you marked out in the top coat where they are going to go and give it a good key in the areas that will receive the quoins then i dont see why not, like i said there are probably loads of different ways to do them, shal i write guides for every way i can think of? :D :D :D ;D

haha no you're ok mate, i just thought it seems a bit of hassle having to top coat in between them all. i'm sure someone on here will have tried it?

he might have been dashing up to them and top coating up to them gives less scarring on finished coat alot of render in ireland is left unpainted

Status
Not open for further replies.