Small holes in render, along bead line

Gmlimbada

Hi all

New to the forum and was hoping for some advice really.

I had my garden wall (concrete block) rendered over a week ago.

There appears to be a few shrinkage cracks, which I suppose is expected, however I’ve noticed in the last day a few small holes appearing.

The said holes appear to be along the bead line (plastic bead).

See photo attached.

Am I okay just filling these up with some masonry filler?

The wall in general looks well done, no issues or is the above a result of a poor job?

The wall will be finished with a lime wash paint.

Thanks in advance

M

Attachments

• Small holes in render, along bead line
    C16F6E4B-CC91-4E5C-A011-08B233FFC3CB.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 281
Looks like it was floated up a bit late.That hole could have been a pebble in the mix.

Thanks for the response. Seen few of them beetles crawling over the wall. So no major issues? Bit of filler and sand over.

Also is it normal for bits blowing away, when I mean bits, creating like a dimpling effect. Guessing I should paint over ASAP?

Cheers

M

Thanks for the response. Seen few of them beetles crawling over the wall. So no major issues? Bit of filler and sand over.

Also is it normal for bits blowing away, when I mean bits, creating like a dimpling effect. Guessing I should paint over ASAP?

Cheers

M
That’s what your plasterer is hoping for too :coffe:

Cheers

M
Once the burrowing red back skunk beetle gets in there it generally becomes a huge problem be lucky if it’s on by the end of the week! Sorry to be the bearer of bad news :cry: