Skimming upto hardiebacker/cement board

Members online

No members online now.

Jed2009

Hi,
I'm currently prepping my new bathroom for plastering before tiling and am unsure about Hardie backer meeting plaster. I have some old brick walls with original plaster on and some new stud walls. The tiles are porcelain so to heavy to fit straight to plaster and they are hexagonal being finished in an up and down random edge so no straight edge to work to, my plan was to fix 6mm Hardiebacker to the brick plastered walls and over the plasterboard on stud walls, finishing just short of where the tiles will finish leaving enough for the skim to finish flush with the hardiebacker and the tiles can be run just over the backer boards onto the plaster. I hope this makes sense. Is this the answer, what would u suggest if not? Any help/advice would be great! Thanks.

Hi,
I'm currently prepping my new bathroom for plastering before tiling and am unsure about Hardie backer meeting plaster. I have some old brick walls with original plaster on and some new stud walls. The tiles are porcelain so to heavy to fit straight to plaster and they are hexagonal being finished in an up and down random edge so no straight edge to work to, my plan was to fix 6mm Hardiebacker to the brick plastered walls and over the plasterboard on stud walls, finishing just short of where the tiles will finish leaving enough for the skim to finish flush with the hardiebacker and the tiles can be run just over the backer boards onto the plaster. I hope this makes sense. Is this the answer, what would u suggest if not? Any help/advice would be great! Thanks.

12mm hardie backer for walls.

Anyway, just finish your HB 10mm short of where you meet the plaster. Feather the skim a tad into the HB.

12mm hardie backer for walls.

Anyway, just finish your HB 10mm short of where you meet the plaster. Feather the skim a tad into the HB.
Thanks for the reply. Do you mean I should be using 12mm hardiebacker for all walls? Both old plastered and New stud walls?