Skimming Jakoboard Advice

Stec1984

Hey everyone, I'd like some advice if you can help.

For the past year I've been subbing for an eco4 company installing IWI and insulation boards.

I've just changed the company I sub for and will now be installing the swip system, however as part of their funding requirements they need all window reveals lined with Jakoboard.

At the old company we simply lined with 9.5 mm foil backed plasterboard so skimming was a breeze.

Jakoboard looks like it's going to suck the moisture right out immediately.

Are they okay to be primed then skimmed? What would you recommend, PVA or SBR?

Any help would be great thanks.

For the past year I've been subbing for an eco4 company installing IWI and insulation boards.

I've just changed the company I sub for and will now be installing the swip system, however as part of their funding requirements they need all window reveals lined with Jakoboard.

At the old company we simply lined with 9.5 mm foil backed plasterboard so skimming was a breeze.

I'd recommend stop working for someone else, they are only pimping your skills out. Do your own work mate (y)

never tried jackboard but I’ve skimmed over STS insulation boards that looks similar with neat pva and so far so good. If the boards came dusty I pva twice.