Skim over concrete

Ukcat

Hi all really hope someone can help me out. So I messed up when casting a concrete hearth. I tried to finish the top 40mm with a grit sand mix to achieve a smother finish but I got the mix too weak. I've now hacked the top layer off. So basically I need to reapply another layer to add the thickness back. I've no idea what to use. Originally I was thinking a dryer floor type screed but I've now been advised that this probably wouldn't work so worried that I'm going to have to chop it all out and start again I've put a photo of what it's currently like

Attachments

• IMG_20240418_133042_428.jpg
    IMG_20240418_133042_428.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 30
No dpm under fire place concrete because of heat.
Think I'd dampen down.
Apply cement and water with a splash of pva in to create a bond.
Give it an hour then a bag of leveling screed

50/50 SBR, leave overnight. Then deep fill self leveling compound. Fill around the edged where it meets the floor to stop it running through. I'd use Ardex and sand 1/3 for that mate.

50/50 SBR, leave overnight. Then deep fill self leveling compound. Fill around the edged where it meets the floor to stop it running through. I'd use Ardex and sand 1/3 for that mate.

Ardex is good gear, which do you use?

I latexed a floor this week using mapei 3210

Went down ok, I don't mind Mapei products, usually bang on.

This ultraplan goes 3 to 10mm, hence the name.

Ardex is good gear, which do you use?

I latexed a floor this week using mapei 3210

Went down ok, I don't mind Mapei products, usually bang on.

This ultraplan goes 3 to 10mm, hence the name.
Ardex A45 mate, Travis Perkins do it. Handy stuff , prefer to put a bit of sand in it , sometimes. (y)