Site work northwest

Good rate sitemonkey here if you’re direct to builders you can go 200-300 plus etc we all know that but realistic I’d say the average site work is between 150-200 too

Good rate sitemonkey here if you’re direct to builders you can go 200-300 plus etc we all know that but realistic I’d say the average site work is between 150-200 too
It is . I've spent years on site and I've worked for 90 % of big outfits in Manchester and that's all you'll get . There's Wigan outfits paying £120 130 a day the rates here are very low .always have been

I don't work for builders or domestic I do meterage rates only . Builders are all pricks I'd rather stay at home than bother with them or dickhead homeowners but that just me . Each to there own I suppose

I’m getting close to being done with site work my arms f**k*d. Lol
I’d be happy to do agency work to be honest if it paid a half decent wage at least to give me a rest
It’s still nice to be on site give the floor a quick scrape and go home fack domestic unless it was rediculous money

I’d be happy to do agency work to be honest if it paid a half decent wage at least to give me a rest
It’s still nice to be on site give the floor a quick scrape and go home fack domestic unless it was rediculous money
So am I. I'm 51 that's why I prefer to dab n tack

Definitely

The dot and dab is same as skimming 4 pound per m and there work is the b*ll***s, tacking rates are shite I do feel for them

You turn up on the job put scrim up and don’t worry about screws it’s the b*ll***s but tacking rates are so bad for a decent Dryliners

The dot and dab is same as skimming 4 pound per m and there work is the b*ll***s, tacking rates are shite I do feel for them
Same as we get them rates . But if you have a good system you can make way more than daywork. Plus are outfit doesn't pay day rate hardly

£2.50 for tacking is absolute shite. But then I think £4 for dabbing and skimming is also shite. Prices are set at how many SQM it's possible to do in a day, not how much you should be comfortably be doing a day.

The trouble with site work is, as soon as there is a slow down the workforce gets laid off and they have no contacts to find other work. There are plasterers phoning up all day long , people who you have not heard from for years.
As for the site rates they are taking the piss. Then they stop them 1 days work every week for tax.

Really Jesus give us a job
It’s what it should be I guess but seems a bit dear to me but what do I know
Crazy isn’t it up north houses are so much cheaper and we’re on the same rates
in all seriousness spunky, so many southerners moving up to carlisle/penrith/lake district area, selling there houses down south , buying new one up here and still got a lot of money left over

in all seriousness spunky, so many southerners moving up to carlisle/penrith/lake district area, selling there houses down south , buying new one up here and still got a lot of money left over
That part of the north west is a very nice place to live.
We have the same in Suffolk. One of my customers sold her 2 bed flat in London, purchased a 4 bed house with an indoor swimming pool in Suffolk. She says that she cannot believe her luck!
There has been huge developments in the area with 90% of the people moving out of London. One of my neighbours told me that when he lived in Silvertown [London] at the end of each month he just managed to pay his rent and other bills. Since moving here 3 years ago he has saved over 40K.

We have the same in Suffolk. One of my customers sold her 2 bed flat in London, purchased a 4 bed house with an indoor swimming pool in Suffolk. She says that she cannot believe her luck!
There has been huge developments in the area with 90% of the people moving out of London. One of my neighbours told me that when he lived in Silvertown [London] at the end of each month he just managed to pay his rent and other bills. Since moving here 3 years ago he has saved over 40K.
van broke down 3 weeks ago, mechanic came out to tow me back into town, got talking to him, just moved up here approx 5 weeks ago, previously lived in tottenham area , i have no idea regarding property prices there, but he could not get a mortgage down there, comes up here and has got himself a nice 3 bedroomed house/gardens, he told his freind about price of houses/area etc etc, now his freind is moving up here in february,

how do young couples manage to buy a house in london malc, really feel sorry for them,

how do young couples manage to buy a house in london malc, really feel sorry for them,
9 times out of 10 it is the parents who pay the deposit from money that they have been left from their parents.
There is a government scheme that lends first time buyers £60K towards their purchase interest free. This needs to be paid back after 5 years, if they are unable to the there is interest charged.
My grand daughter is a Solicitor and she tells me that at the last moment the purchasers do their sums and decide not to continue with the purchase.
In my area there is only 1 large building site working and that is owned a financial capitalists.
One other large site the bank is trying to foreclose on the developer and sell the site with the 70 houses partly built. No takers in this financial climate.

van broke down 3 weeks ago, mechanic came out to tow me back into town, got talking to him, just moved up here approx 5 weeks ago, previously lived in tottenham area , i have no idea regarding property prices there, but he could not get a mortgage down there, comes up here and has got himself a nice 3 bedroomed house/gardens, he told his freind about price of houses/area etc etc, now his freind is moving up here in february,

The good thing about Tottenham how ever hard it is to find work there will be something there. In the past in recessions we would find work on EWI systems on the tower blocks.
It is a battle all day long trying to stop druggies and dossers from stealing the generators which we chain to the scaffold. Loads of Easterns trying to find work. We employ them when we are stone dashing to clear the mess up. The lazy bastards dont like that, they want to bring the stone up so they can doss about, the cleaning up has to be done!

I don't work for builders or domestic I do meterage rates only . Builders are all pricks I'd rather stay at home than bother with them or dickhead homeowners but that just me . Each to there own I suppose
There are good builders about, trial and error.

Less than a wage that. Take away tax and overheads and you’re barely scraping £100 a day.
I know I've done sites most my life . That's why we do price . Get stuck in make decent £ and go at 3.30 the latest . Do you have men on for you ???

90% of my work is builders.
We do offices and units mainly . Good few bespoke houses all measured work I find it's easier to work that way. But each to there own
IMG-20231124-WA0025.jpg