silicone render 1.5mm

Members online

S a plastering

Private Member
how much water in ml per 25kg tub of silicone do you normally put in just might need some in this heck I've been sent just seems a tad thick just want to bring a bit of fat into the mix thanks

One thing I will mention, this has come from various manufacturers, not the salesmen but the chemists behind the products:

One of the cheapest ingredients to put in the T/C would be water, if it was required they would add it. You need to be aware adding too much water will affect drying times and also the dispersion of the colourants. If you have a tinted top coat and add different amounts of water into each tub you can cause a colour variation.

One thing I will mention, this has come from various manufacturers, not the salesmen but the chemists behind the products:

One of the cheapest ingredients to put in the T/C would be water, if it was required they would add it. You need to be aware adding too much water will affect drying times and also the dispersion of the colourants. If you have a tinted top coat and add different amounts of water into each tub you can cause a colour variation.

i have heard same.from the chemists.
the europeans dont add water but it all depends on climate.

hotter days i add more.water than in the winter.
i think the colour dispertion is.minor as we havent seen this.
its the same if you knock 10.pots up. use 6 one day and 4 the other day. the water quantity will differ due to evapouration.

i have used a topcoat without water as i turned up.to.cover shite basecoat and found it was very hard to finish. personally a loose topcoat is lovely to finish

I have sprayed watered down topcoat next to non watered down and you can see the difference in colour

About a brew cup in every pale that's a Parex 30kg, Enewall, sas etc are 18kg so about half a brew cup in them. It just makes it easier to apply, plus we whist every pale. 1.5 on the shelf could have been batched 4 months ago so all the grit sits at the bottom over time.

Depends on what time of year for me. Winter or cool it is neat summer or drying breeze then watered down but I intermix for the whole wall in a goriila tub to ensure even coverage.