Sand & cement render

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, I know there are loads of posts about render and cracks but this job is doing my nut in!!
We hacked off an old dash as it was blown and had no scratch we literally peeled it off no hassle..
We scratched over the thermalites with a 4:1 mix with plenty of water proofer. Left it a couple of weeks then started top coating using 5:1:1 with waterproofer/retarder .
Today we even unibonded over the scratch before top coating it all went well ruled off rubbed up sweet but then cracks appear everywhere, I don't have an answer for the customer it's so frustrating , can anyone help ???

Nearly everything you did was wrong,
give the customer a plasterers number,
i hope you're on the wind up..

your main problem was that after a couple of weeks the scratch coat was dry as fook and sucking like a .....well fill in the blank yourself.

The pva wont do much you needed to wet the scratch coat down and possibly could have done with curing it during drying

your main problem was that after a couple of weeks the scratch coat was dry as fook and sucking like a .....well fill in the blank yourself.

The pva wont do much you needed to wet the scratch coat down and possibly could have done with curing it during drying

Yea we did a flank on the side upto an expansion joint and wet the scratch down without pva and sucked in really quick, so thought I'd try pva it did hold back more without a doubt today with the pva !
What do you mean by curing it ?

The wand, you are one helpfully prick!
Here's me thinking this site was for people to help each other out, then I come across a ****** like you ! I must have been wrong .
You must be the b*ll***s I wish I was as good as you !
you dont have to be as good as me. just dont take on jobs you cant do and the customer wont be annoyed and your reputation wont be in pieces after the customer tells all there friends you dont know what your doing

@jdplast where in wigan you from

Last edited by a moderator:
you dont have to be as good as me. just dont take on jobs you cant do and the customer wont be annoyed and your reputation wont be in pieces after the customer tells all there friends you dont know what your doing

Cos I must be the only spread out there that have ever come across problems, it must be because I don't know what I'm doing! I'm interested to know how the best would have done it !

Cos I must be the only spread out there that have ever come across problems, it must be because I don't know what I'm doing! I'm interested to know how the best would have done it !
your man johniosaif as already mentioned to keep it weak on thermolites and his top coat is weaker than his scratch with added lime. still dont know why you wanna use PVA

To be fair join I would go stronger than that.
I would damp down blocks,scratch with 5/1/1,with a drop of sbr and bed mesh in.finish with 6/1/1
I'd live with this happily enough ,six and one is more correct for thermalites,I would've of scudded

with a slurry with sbr but Irish style ,splatter coat type,

I'd live with this happily enough ,six and one is more correct for thermalites,I would've of scudded

with a slurry with sbr but Irish style ,splatter coat type,
scud it ..asif....:RpS_unsure:

is that the correct terminology..:RpS_wink:

Just remember to keep it weak on thermalites. give them a good soak before you fire ya scratch on and keep ya PVA for internal's

Status
Not open for further replies.