room 101 of plastering

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Danny - we do a range of tall slim buckets all the way up to 110 ltr.

Tall slim buckets are good for thinner mixes - skim etc, short and fat buckets for heavier materials, so you can move the paddle around the mix.

do u reckon u could pick up a 110ltr bucket full of skim?

People texting all day on mobile bloody phones. If you have something to say ring them and let that be the end of it. I even hate the sound of them now.

Last edited:
Im not a txter like these youngNs but id sure rather txt that ring someone, fncking hate talking on the phone

People trying to sell advertising! IM ALREADY ADVERTISING OTHERWISE YOU WOULDN'T OF ******* GOT MY NUMBER!!!'
I've had to cancell all private numbers because of this. Sick of them phoning. That and people trying to sell me their leccy or gas supply. Had countless arguments down the phone with the tossbags

Someone passing by like a postie or a builder,client, decorator etc
who says; "I've done a bit me self in the past"
or snotty bastards customer who never offer a cup of tea all day!

I've had to cancell all private numbers because of this. Sick of them phoning. That and people trying to sell me their leccy or gas supply. Had countless arguments down the phone with the tossbags

Just tell them all ya work is sub contract now and it stops them dead cos it ends tha shpeel

When people fit big fancy electric garage doors with loads of hangers before you've boarded and skimmed the bloody ceiling!

pricing jobs at nite when i should b at home wi my little lad or having to chchase tight arse landlords for money owed to mě

scaffolders

anyone trying to sell me :
ppi
mobile telephone
advertising
internet seo

call centres (pet hate)
financial companies always wanting to update your details even if ypu phone them 3 times in one day
data protection act.....excuss for needing above
damn automated phone systems ....just want to speak to someone

"This wall just needs a light skim"...............erm ok........whatever a light skim is..:RpS_confused:

Laborers checking there facebook on there phones every 2 minutes. After telling one 3 times to stop doing it i posted this on his wall. "If you check your facebook one more time when your supposed to be working i will be ramming the phone up your arse" Phone was quickly put away.

Laborers checking there facebook on there phones every 2 minutes. After telling one 3 times to stop doing it i posted this on his wall. "If you check your facebook one more time when your supposed to be working i will be ramming the phone up your arse" Phone was quickly put away.
nasty c**t!!!!!!

Bloody customers calling you back because they can see the pattern in a skimmed out Artex ceiling... If you could be bothered to feel it you'd see it was flat you dick, stick a coat of paint on it then come complaining if you can see anything! Gah!!
Thompsons - if their rep bothers us again I'll stick my rigger boot right up his arse and kick his tonsils. Conning bastards (nothing we haven't already told them over the phone).
Bloody people ringing up saying they have one place left for a plasterer on their website... Fcuk off! If you were that good then people would be ringing you to get on and you wouldn't be so desparate to ring out.
knocking on a door at 8am to start a job and the lazy buggers are still in bed.
Radiators still on the wall 'oh I thought you'd take it off..' or rads on full blast..
..and many others that have already been mentioned.

problem 1, we always put a coat of bonding over the fan pattern ceilings if not the pattern can show through the decoration.
problem 2, it is far to expensive to place an add with thompsons, yellow pages etc.
problem3 tell the customer at the time of quote that you need to start work at 8am.
problem 4, we tell the customer at the time of quote that we charge £60 to remove each rad.

mates who cant be bothered to do a small bit of filling thinking to themselves i know what ill get andy (me) round to plaster the wall ,it wont cost me nothing.

Know it all customers who (used to be a plasterer) ! " in mar day we were usin 50 bags of floatin for dinner , then skim in the afternoon !!!!!!!
Yea rite assole ! Thats why u got me in t do your little ten be ten kitchen ceilin eh??????????

problem 1, we always put a coat of bonding over the fan pattern ceilings if not the pattern can show through the decoration.
problem 2, it is far to expensive to place an add with thompsons, yellow pages etc.
problem3 tell the customer at the time of quote that you need to start work at 8am.
problem 4, we tell the customer at the time of quote that we charge £60 to remove each rad.

i never start a job at 8am if the house has kids, the last thing i want is to be going upstairs and an under 18 walking out of the bedroom/bathroom with hardly owt on, not worth the hassle

i never start a job at 8am if the house has kids, the last thing i want is to be going upstairs and an under 18 walking out of the bedroom/bathroom with hardly owt on, not worth the hassle

we make sure the lazy baskets are up!

Did one job which was student accommodation, the landlady said we couldn't get in till after 9am as they'd be still in bed. We told her either they get their lazy backsides up or we weren't coming. They got up.. Grudgingly... the place was a shithole.

its ok them being up malc but when they are still getting ready for school, nar nowt down for that

if the job is in the diningroom or something where you can keep out of the way till the kids have gone to school then thats ok

Status
Not open for further replies.