rifina 14inch flexi

Members online

The Hobo

went to workshop today picked up the trowel and the blade fell of its backing pad /and on my birthday to/ think some ones saying time to retire will try glueing it last blade split any body else had issues with rifina stuff

went to workshop today picked up the trowel and the blade fell of its backing pad /and on my birthday to/ think some ones saying time to retire will try glueing it last blade split any body else had issues with rifina stuff

Do you mean the 5 inch blade separated from the 2 inch strip of steel that's attached to the shank?

I may be wrong, but I think I read somewhere (ages ago) that many manufacturers of flexi trowels use 3M brand adhesive tape to bond the 5 inch blade to the 2 inch strip of steel. I vaguely recall some early flexis coming apart and then the adhesive tape was improved...

I think that might also be why Nela (and then Marshalltown) added a top layer of tape, to cover the seam between the two plates of steel - to reduce the likelihood of fluids or chemicals creeping in and weakening the adhesive.

The Refina trowels are made by Maurerfreund, last I knew.

Ryan may know more.

@Plasterers1StopShop

Personally, I like Refina's $uperflex 3 and haven't had any problems with it.

Last edited:
Do you mean the 5 inch blade separated from the 2 inch strip of steel that's attached to the shank?

I may be wrong, but I think I read somewhere (ages ago) that many manufacturers of flexi trowels use 3M brand adhesive tape to bond the 5 inch blade to the 2 inch strip of steel. I vaguely recall some early flexis coming apart and then the adhesive tape was improved...

I think that might also be why Nela (and then Marshalltown) added a top layer of tape, to cover the seam between the two plates of steel - to reduce the likelihood of fluids or chemicals creeping in and weakening the adhesive.

The Refina trowels are made by Maurerfreund, last I knew.

Ryan may know more.

@Plasterers1StopShop

Personally, I like Refina's $uperflex 3 and haven't had any problems with it.
no the blade came off the spongy kind of pad its fix to

they need tender loving care them flex trowles mate :birra:

my medi has lost its flex now
its like a 10 year old mt

dream to use
does the work for ya (y)
cant remember what age it is 8 i think well worn like me but i was gutted when it f**k*d up you will know the feeling when best skimming trowel pops its top rivet /got i cant work without it but thinking of staying with cornice repairs only this year the big hits getting hard work now

cant remember what age it is 8 i think well worn like me but i was gutted when it f**k*d up you will know the feeling when best skimming trowel pops its top rivet /got i cant work without it but thinking of staying with cornice repairs only this year the big hits getting hard work now
It's telling you to retire

Get a job as a lollipop man? Trolley collector? Voluntary litter picker? Loads of options Norman
with all due respect get to f**k lol
Debby Ryan Netflix GIF by Insatiable
only lolly i want

my old man retires this year ...

hes the same can't sit still

told him to come out with me and brother few days a week

bead and tape up

f**k off home when he's bored

gets him out the house for a few pound (y)

il have him Wednesday Thursday
brother can have him Monday Tuesday

I'm in a daze start of the week :rayos:

tape beads up

nice and easy work

bead and tape up

When my dad retired my mam begged me to take him to work lol.
We had tonget bout 100 boards in . He carried 2 up stairs and was blowing out his ass.
I said you stay up here I.ll run em up you move em in to rooms . . Next day I called me mam to see how he was . She said he can't tie his shoe laces lol

Tried a few different glues

Had a nela plasticflex delaminate.

And a couple of refinas. (Stainless steels)

The rigid glues didn't work well.

Sikaflex was the one.
Waterproof and flexible....

Stuck way better than CT1

Clamp it correctly and give it a day

Tried a few different glues

Had a nela plasticflex delaminate.

And a couple of refinas. (Stainless steels)

The rigid glues didn't work well.

Sikaflex was the one.
Waterproof and flexible....

Stuck way better than CT1

Clamp it correctly and give it a day
thinking maybe self tappers as well as its only the edge you use

Fucksake using your birthday to deflect the fact that you own a flexi trowel you old chancer.