rendering help plz!

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

180 wizard

hi , been plastering for a long while now but not done a massive amount of rendering ,just the odd garage and gable ends ..always 2 coated with sand and cement and finished the render to a smooth finish with the sponge ...my problem at the moment is i have a small extension to do for this builder where i need to match into the render that's on the rest of the house..the render that's there is a very stippled bumpy finish ! now how do i get to this finish ? is it a different mix? a different way of applying it ? i always do 4-1 with waterproofer for both scratch and finish coat ! oh i have a couple of pics but carnt attach for some reason ..how do i do that ? cheers !

use a stipple brush on it when its still nice and wet

it looks like a very heavy tex paint or a very light small spar jugging by the pik

It might be a light tyrolean you could probably match it that way, what ever you do it wont match perfect unless you take off the old and redo the lot.

it might even be a light rough cast thats been painted a lot over the years

Think i agree with the conclusion that its textured paint, its a very thin coat ...well what would you guys do ? do you think that i could get away with rendering one coat and stippling it up or 2 very tight coats and doing my best to blend without a massive step ??? got there to do the plastering and all the gear s/c is waiting for this job !! dont think they will be on for chipping all the house and starting again they are already penny pinching on the plastering !!

180 wizard said:
Think i agree with the conclusion that its textured paint, its a very thin coat ...well what would you guys do ? do you think that i could get away with rendering one coat and stippling it up or 2 very tight coats and doing my best to blend without a massive step ??? got there to do the plastering and all the gear s/c is waiting for this job !! dont think they will be on for chipping all the house and starting again they are already penny pinching on the plastering !!

in the first pick there is a down spout, chop back to that then do a smooth render and tell them they need to paint it with textured paint mate, tell them first mind ;)

its gonna be very difficult to match it exactly as its been done sh1te in the first place. looks like the dogs sick. anyhow its a texture paint for exterior just render it and trowel the sandtex/jhonstones/leyland hi build on and stipple roll it

180 wizard said:
i reckon u should render it smooth and let them put a highbuild paint on it still do it in 2 stages though m8 s coat first

not bad idea to join under the down spout ! think ill do that and let them slap on the tex paint ...cheers for the help guys ! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.