rates

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Putzy I can't help with the base coat we would get that on day work and don't do enough thin coat to compare but we get 14 per metre mono

Call around some rendering firms local to ya and ask what they sub it out as......it wont take long finding out a happy medium mate.

Good luck sir.
I've worked on sites for years and the guys working in the next house or flat won't tell you the rates and they have been their years everyone thinks they are On a better rate so won't say, which is what keeps it down.

i find it the complete opposite it's usually the first thing brought up or give it a couple of days and you can get it out of them
this is site bashing mind not ringing round firms and asking what there rates are

Worked for loads of firms boarding and skimming and the rates were always top secret might be because some where a **** but a lot of the time it was creeps who thought they were getting looked after, a bit like everyone who has an account at TP :)

Worked for loads of firms boarding and skimming and the rates were always top secret might be because some where a **** but a lot of the time it was creeps who thought they were getting looked after, a bit like everyone who has an account at TP :)

may be the plasterer has a labourer on £20 per day and does not want to be quoting prices with him in earshot!

ray we will probably all be dead by the time a union with a nmw would be set up in the mean time don't you think it would be nice if we all just pretend we're on site instead of flynny because nobody wants to talk to him and discuss the odd rate and not turn into drama queens because half of the people on here don't know what there doing and soley advertise on the Internet

Putzy I can't help with the base coat we would get that on day work and don't do enough thin coat to compare but we get 14 per metre mono

£14m2 labour only mono work? this being new housing and the like?

I take it you supply your own machine or is that chucked in as well? Only asking because my lads are always bickering about the price. But they turn up with just a skeleton tool kit. Not even their own transport I supply that. They would make it pay at that but would want beading up money.

We get a machine supplied rigsby not that we use it all the time the fiddly bits we usually do by hand and we get fook all for beading

ray we will probably all be dead by the time a union with a nmw would be set up in the mean time don't you think it would be nice if we all just pretend we're on site instead of flynny because nobody wants to talk to him and discuss the odd rate and not turn into drama queens because half of the people on here don't know what there doing and soley advertise on the Internet
I won't go on site the rates are shocking the work is monotonous and hard. No thanks, arguing for all the extras I can't be arsed rather sail my own ship :)

We get a machine supplied rigsby not that we use it all the time the fiddly bits we usually do by hand and we get fook all for beading

Thanks for replying. It is a cheek getting the beading in with the m2 rate seeing as it has to be done the day before. I give a price for beading time and a M2 price. What they dont know is I take off the the beading price of my total price and then whats left is the m2 price. Daft f**k**s cant add up anyway!

Winter is a bit of a bugger though when it goes into two days.

Is this 14 per m for mono,rend aid and mesh?or just mono? Sorry if it sounds daft but I work for myself and have only worked on day work the odd time for rendering co's.:RpS_thumbup:

I know of a gang that is labour only but supplies machine and generator for £18m2 mono on new blockwork but there has to be enough to go at for that. Beading time is extra. They are site lads they are not keen on domestics. Think it is fair considering they have a van and £000's of £s worth of equipment. I charge more but my jobs are one off's and domestic.

Plus I hate working for builders or plasterers come to that.

Not keen working on domestics either, think it is time I retired!

Your nuts talking about rates, you don't get any other profession talking about it.
if your in the game, you know what money's about with out going on a forum and asking.

Your nuts talking about rates, you don't get any other profession talking about it.
if your in the game, you know what money's about with out going on a forum and asking.
I think your correct to an extent,however a domestic spread converting to site work or vice versa won't know the rates of each other,I'm domestic an now wouldn't know a decent site rate.

Dead easy to make rates up? Make them higher than they actually are. Than can make us want more on the ' if they can get it we can mentality' .

Labour only rates is one thing supply anf fix is another. Different breed altogether.

Domestics is rarely done by the m2, every house is different. I looked at one Saturday, simple job but expensive aluminium windows, new grp flat roofs and exoxy resin drive and paths. New Mercedes x2 on the drive. Not a job you can let rip on and loads of risks. I will price generously on that one, not too bothered if I dont get it, I will sleep better at nights.

Also true ones :RpS_thumbup: this forum is doing nothing but spawning a load of chancers who get a few tips from here , and makes them think they can call there self a tradesman , yes it is got thousands of members , but when your giving trade secrets away for free to any lurker its going to be .

Also true ones :RpS_thumbup: this forum is doing nothing but spawning a load of chancers who get a few tips from here , and makes them think they can call there self a tradesman , yes it is got thousands of members , but when your giving trade secrets away for free to any lurker its going to be .

What your saying is true. I've had first hand experience of this. I call it a "forum apprenticeship"

It's just the way things have gone. The Internet being an infinite source of information it'll never go back to how it used to be. There'll be plenty that register on here and never introduce themselves and search whatever they need to know. There's years of info on here covering pretty much every situation. Chancers paradise lol

I wouldn't worry church,them chancers are only making the decent spreads look great,they may take work with one hand by being "cheap"(even though it's false economy as there day rate is cheaper but they are slower and the quality isn't as good)but then they give it back with the other hand as the quality isn't there,they bodge a job and you re do it and there work doesn't stand the test of time,hence creating more work.I do think they shouldn't do it in the first place but we can't stop it,we're best to make the most of a bad situation,

Rates pm2 should be kept private and in the members area if someone's desperate, I'm taking site rates, I am guilty of asking about domestic prices but tried to keep it somewhat private.

Never worked on mono pm2 and never would, too much hard work to line someone else's pocket, saw a job spreading mono last week, £9 ph I'd jack before accepting that.

Lots new names on forum, coming and going, still a few regulars and old timers, but seems to be a high turnover of people coming on for info then buggering off, people asking "how to do something" is the worst for me, too many.

What will be will be , but when i here about this forum being the voice of the plastering trade or whatever , or thousands of members logged on or whatever , its not because they want to give something to the trade its totally the over way around they just want to take , and thats the truth .

Quite a few good points made here and yes sometimes I do think 'am I giving too much away'? I am in favour of some 'upper level' of membership maybe by amount of posts or even paid subscription. The more serious of us will belong to an elite group and the so called chancer and lurkers will have to earn their stripes.

But It is this and the former L&D forum what has educated me in the more modern and advance render systems. It is with the great lads off L&D forum I owe such a lot to and the regulars on here. I am still learning.

lets remember we were all new to the modern render systems, where did we get our information from? For me off the forums, render manfacturers on training days and Les Lord plus trial and error on the job.

So for some of us it is ok to absorb knowledge but sod giving any away. For me it is pay back.

I think if some one posts good advice in tesponse to a question and gets a few likes they should get paid for it . Charge the newbies for it in join up fees . Now show me the monies!!!!!

so nothern people give things away for free ? wonder how many pft machines are free

only love :RpS_scared::RpS_wub:------ there is no such thing as owt for nowt --------and the famous how much:RpS_laugh::RpS_lol: but unfortunately no pft machines for free

Status
Not open for further replies.