Price

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Madmonk, pretty frowned upon to discuss rates publicly as you know. Don't private members have a private chat room for such topics?

Maybe but variables like a good days wages for someone is different for some one else all I know is that we were getting £6m2 dabbing last year and the tape and jointers £4 on commercial work if that helps Madmonk

Then again lucious it depends what part of the country your in £6 dabbing is good but then again like you say it depends in the job.

There is a plastering contractor in Bradford currently paying £ 3.50 m2 for boarding & skim , £ 4.00m2 dot dab & skim, they have loads of work on and nobody to do it ! wonder why

Is £6 a squared Ok for dd an skim been offered a couple of houses ready to go not done any meterege for ages cheers

Measure it.............Or better still ask the builder, if that's what he's offering per metre he will know the total price. If he says he doesn't know the measure he's a liar, a c**t or both and he's waiting to knock you on the final measure. Just walk round it with him and work out a price if you usually do it that way - It's the bottom line he's interested in :RpS_thumbup:

F....k him I'm gonna throw him with a day rate if he's not happy tough shizer
If he knows you and your work ,have a look ,if not you are just on a long list , best of luck with it , hope you don,t take it on then all your work load goes mad ,and then you will regret it :RpS_crying:

Meters times your 6 quid devided by how many days you think it will take equals your day rate and your answer.

you can earn well at that price labour only but its hard graft in a house as there's no large runs, and why should prices be discussed its what we all go to work for at the end of the day. prices are the same as 20yrs ago thats how **** they are but theres no point getting pissed off about it, my guys earn well at crap prices but have to work harder to get it unfortunately, good days, bad days. what i cant stand is plasterers that go on jobs, take all the cream and leave someone else to pick up the ****.

madmonk if you can work out how many m2 you can comfortably produce per day the youll know the min per m2 you can do it for and then either go for it, renegotiate or bin

you can earn well at that price labour only but its hard graft in a house as there's no large runs, and why should prices be discussed its what we all go to work for at the end of the day. prices are the same as 20yrs ago thats how **** they are but theres no point getting pissed off about it, my guys earn well at crap prices but have to work harder to get it unfortunately, good days, bad days. what i cant stand is plasterers that go on jobs, take all the cream and leave someone else to pick up the ****.

madmonk if you can work out how many m2 you can comfortably produce per day the youll know the min per m2 you can do it for and then either go for it, renegotiate or bin
£1000 a week earn well or more

Status
Not open for further replies.