New to the site - Hard times

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhaswell

Hi all, great site really useful reading the various strands. Living and working Devon yes (ooo aaarrgghh and all that), been spreading for 8yrs or so - its never been an easy ride working here but with reputation and regular customers enough work comes in to pay the bills, but its getting harder and harder to get new customers, people are charging stupid prices, I lost out on a job recently because they had been quoted £90 including materials (work equated to a days work), I told them to ring me when they wanted it done by a plasterer. Oh and of course I compete against a bunch of (french word) who call themselves in the trade but who are actually odd jobbing/chancers. I'm looking for some advice on where people advertise and what has worked for them. Speaking to other local trades, people are quoting for working, some biggies, but at the moment I don't seem to be even getting the calls. I admit I only advertise in my local paper at the moment which is why I am asking on here to see where other advertise. ??? I'm looking now at travelling further afield to get work.

CHEERS

Status
Not open for further replies.