New on the forum (One Sure Insurance)

Status
Not open for further replies.
most of the arguments on that thread are about no win no fee solicitors takng a cut of the compo but most advertise that you get 100% compo anyway these days.........if you could have a dig around for me John it would be interesting to get an answer from inside the industry...............:RpS_thumbup:

@johneva got a general question and hope you can answer it. when you buy insurance and you can add extras like personal accident & legal cover (which covers you if the accident is not your fault). is it not better to just use a "No win No fee" solicitor and have a lower premium by not adding these extra's. Also if it is your fault and you dont have these extra's doesnt your insurance company payout anyway?

Managed to get a little more information about this for you.

Although what I have said is right in most cases it is not true in all, but there are other benefits of legal cover over the no win no fee route.

Imagine this has happened you have been run into and its not your fault but the insurance companies want to call it knock for knock which is often the case these days. With no win no fee route you would be responsible for getting repairs done and replacement vehicle till they win or lose the case at which point you would get your money back, which can sometimes take years to win depending how complex the case is.

Where as legal cover extras you are buying a membership type package where they manage the case for you and supply a suitable replacement vehicle, which is even more important in cases where you have a particular van requirement or something as the repairers are not likely to have a suitable vehicle for you to use.

Hope that helps a little.

Took out my van insurance with one-sure a couple of weeks ago. A little higher than the cheapest quote but so many more benefits like courtesy van, breakdown cover, loss of earnings, etc. I think it was brilliant. :RpS_thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.