Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

jay21

hi there, my name is jay, and i'm obiviously relatively new to this site. i'm not a spread, i'm a sparks! woohoo! and i work for myself. but what i'm trying to get at i suppose is that i would like to get into spreading. i'm willing to labour for a plasterer whether it be just a day a week, i live in the crawley area near gatwick airport, i no things are quite tight at the mo, but any experience would be greatly appreciated. cheers. jay.

P.S. by the way this website is F*****g helpful cheers!

welcome to the forum you scum :).....nice to have a sparky on our side for a change ;)

absolutely now worries mate feel at home........you can be our pet :)

youve got our spunky well sussed already mate! ;D
nowt wrong with an appreciation of another trade..
specially if it means theres one less sparky leaving 4 foot cables ;D

thats rite mate! theres another bloke i work for some times. hes a sparks and a spread, and he's always banging on about making it as easy as possible for the next trade! but he's F*****g rite though. actually come to think of it i have a question for you chaps. i'm doina rewire up in london at the mo, and normally when i do downlighters i let them board it, then cut the downlights out before skim. i was talking to the spread/head builder and hes said i had to wait until he'd skimmed it, otherwise the finish won't be quite right. now i've done this before its been skimmed and it look fine, is he just being an awkward b*****d?!!!

the worse that can happen is you get dry bits around the edge where theyve been cut and you just need to pick them off as youre going .....to be honest though if i had a choice and it didnt affect people too much i'd do it there way

jay21 said:
thats rite mate! theres another bloke i work for some times. hes a sparks and a spread, and he's always banging on about making it as easy as possible for the next trade! but he's F*****g rite though. actually come to think of it i have a question for you chaps. i'm doina rewire up in london at the mo, and normally when i do downlighters i let them board it, then cut the downlights out before skim. i was talking to the spread/head builder and hes said i had to wait until he'd skimmed it, otherwise the finish won't be quite right. now i've done this before its been skimmed and it look fine, is he just being an awkward b*****d?!!!
yeh he were bein a nob mate..
few times ive come across this with two or more trades involved the sparks left the cables, someone else has boarded it then its got skimmed cos "somebody nameless" reckons the sparks has a "map" of where the cables are..
i try and get the spark to cut the hole and ill just shove the cable back up through it cos you can get it out agian easy enuff...
its either that or you end up goin back to cut little cirlcles out of offcuts and patchin em back in to cover where the f'ckups were..
only awkward bit about it is when your layin on and you pass the hole you get a blob of skim drops straight out again but if your ready for it you just catch it on yer board..

lovely i thought as much. i always make an accurate map of the lights anyways, just in case!! just a bit easier if there all ready there.

same as spunky mate, makes no difference to me or the finish (decent sparks should remember where they're going tho)

of course yes we're all awkward b*****d's and can't type very fast

Status
Not open for further replies.