MP finish

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
one of the guys showed us how to apply and finish their multi and board finishes and one coat plaster. There was a good turnout ( free bacon sarnies) but mixed reviews. I used it for a couple of years but went back to BG as at the time I didn't like it in the winter, a bit too slow to set.

If its below 5 its a nightmare to finish, worse then bg

My brief affair with Knauf MP Finish has ended. You can't get it anywhere around here. Then @runwithscissors told me about CCF over the water. Great place. All kinds of gear. I think my first time there it was about £7.60 a bag inc vat. Not too bad. Just been over there today and it's come in at just under £9.00 per bag! Even though the account was in the process of being set up .... :RpS_cursing: That was the best he could do. Well you should have done better. I'm going back to multi and board at B and Q. For this to ever be a contender to BG it needs to be sold at cost at B and Q to get a foothold in the market. Not through Travis Perkins who just make the prices up as they go. Whoever's on the counter that day just price it as they want. After the 8 bags in the van have gone it's adios MP. I should have realised when I saw it was TP.

I don't understand why this isn't sold at a decent price through Wickes. They're a TP subidiary. Nobheads

:-( shame that. The merchants are a bunch of coonts i gave up using them for the very reasons you say. Everyday i would argue about the price of gear so i started using wicks its open half an hour earler staff are more helpfull and the stuff you use day to day is cheaper.(cant throw a few sneeky bags extra on the van though :RpS_wink:)

Yeah, I avoid the merchants, unless it's something I can't pick up off the shelf. Unless you're there every day the prices are a joke. The public price for a single 8ft skim bead in my local Hews Grey is £3.60 ...:RpS_lol: I was phoning around looking for Thistle Dri Coat earlier today. Best price I got was £18 odd PLUS VAT ... :RpS_w00t: Last time I used some last year I got it from B and Q and it was about £12 or thereabouts. But they don't stock it anymore. Love B and Q. Must be cost price on the plaster. A loss leader to get you in there .... :RpS_unsure: B and Q stands for Block and Quayle, by the way. Tesco stands for Tessy Cohen - the wife of the founder. ASDA stands for Associated Dairys. TP stands for robbing bastaards

lol i use to use jewsons everyday and just got fed up with the T***s. If i need anything from them i just use my mates account (hes a builder)

You might as well get renovating plaster for £18 + vat it's a much better product anyway

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

Dont worry @Runswithscissors has mentioned its being looked at :D

Guys

I am not specifically looking after this product group.... I have however sent this thread link to the guy who looks after Wickes for us (He is on here - I know that - just cannot remember his name....)

I am sure he will post ...... or I will call him tomorrow and moan at him! LOL

I have said on other posts that the supply of MP is a matter of supply by demand... the more who ask for it, the more likelyhood that outlets will get it in... wickes may be different, but we will see

Jurek - drop me a message and I will get the local Knauf sales person to contact you to assist with supply and hopefully pricing!

Mp finish seems to be different with every pallet !!
Skimming houses for 2 years solid with mp.
always put on 1.5 bags for 1st set to know what gear i had.
a dream to use if dryling a decent standard.

im working alone mate.
thought of using machine but not ideal when alone.
its easy enough by hand use gorrila tubs..big mixes.
im house bashing..not often i see machines on site.

early starts late finishes....peace n quiet all day except for xfm !!!
someone should write book "the no-life of a spread"

Guys

I am not specifically looking after this product group.... I have however sent this thread link to the guy who looks after Wickes for us (He is on here - I know that - just cannot remember his name....)

I am sure he will post ...... or I will call him tomorrow and moan at him! LOL

I have said on other posts that the supply of MP is a matter of supply by demand... the more who ask for it, the more likelyhood that outlets will get it in... wickes may be different, but we will see

Jurek - drop me a message and I will get the local Knauf sales person to contact you to assist with supply and hopefully pricing!
I'll wait for the trade card to come in the post. It's meant to be on it's way. If that takes it back down to £7.60 a bag I'll probably carry on with it for certain jobs. Just some pr1ck on the counter today with no interpersonal skills to speak of.

In regard to the supply and demand, if people don't know about it they're not going to ask for it. And if you go into a merchant and ask for four bags to try he'll laugh his cock off, and if he does order it he'll charge you plenty for the priveledge. Some major retailer needs to do a test run with an off the shelf price. By narrowing it down to these merchants you're making it a "select" product, which it's not - it's a multi-finish plaster. Get it out there. YOU create the demand. If it was on the shelves in Wickes half the plasterers in the country would give a go.

Can I have a job in marketing, please .... :RpS_unsure:

The Knauf Wickes Acct manager WILL read this.... hope he sends the link to someone at Wickes to read as well!

Jurek - drop me a message with your mob no and your location and i'm get someone to call and see what they can do regardless of the trade card...

I am not in sales and have no idea what the price of these products are or should be... but I live my life with a "don't ask, don't get" attitude when i shop (Yes - even at supermarkets, where they usually laugh...) I bought a new suit in the sales last week and got the sales discount and then a free pair of extra trousers - by asking and being cheeky! (yes yes - those who know me know that it was a lot of cloth there! LOL)

Ref a job in Marketing - our Marketting team are regular readers...... go on really sell youself!

Last edited:
The Knauf Wickes Acct manager WILL read this.... hope he sends the link to someone at Wickes to read as well!

Jurek - drop me a message with your mob no and your location and i'm get someone to call and see what they can do regardless of the trade card...

I am not in sales and have no idea what the price of these products are or should be... but I live my life with a "don't ask, don't get" attitude when i shop (Yes - even at supermarkets, where they usually laugh...)

Ref a job in Marketing - our Marketting team are regular readers...... go on really sell youself!

U cheap **** lol

Travis wanted £26 pound off me per stainless 3mm stop bead in balham this week, eventually they sold them for £10 each, they are in another world, I am starting to avoid them again, they buy these beads in for £1.50 or less, some mark up...

Travis wanted £26 pound off me per stainless 3mm stop bead in balham this week, eventually they sold them for £10 each, they are in another world, I am starting to avoid them again, they buy these beads in for £1.50 or less, some mark up...
That's ridiculous!! Bloody hell John there should be a law against that kind of practise!?? I'd have launched the beads at them behind the counter like I was throwing a javalin!! Cheeky tw*ts !!! :RpS_cursing:

don't know where to start, really. just had a nightmare of a day. easily my worst day in the past five years or thereabouts :RpS_mad: nice straightforward ceiling, artexed but more or less flat. only had to scrape the finger line. pva'd twice. all looked fine. first coat on about eleven and it flash set on me. couldn't believe it. the last two jobs i've done with this i had all the time in the world. just got worse after that. got a second coat on but that went as well. couldn't trowel it flat because it kept tearing. even tried sponging it but that didn't work. got to half two and i was thinking i'd have to tell the fella i'd be coming back to do it with multi. then i tried another coat as last resort, and it went on spot on. thought everything was hunky dory. but just couldn't trowel it up. just kept tearing :RpS_cursing: the plazzie tore it more than the stainless. then i noticed huge patches of the ceiling had blistered and had to scrape them off and patch. it was like the cock in the hillside video. all the time the fella keeps coming in asking if everything was okay. it was like the perfect storm of plastering where everything went tits up. left at six o'clock with the ceiling looking okay .....:RpS_unsure:
should have tried it on a smaller ceiling. don't know wtf went wrong :RpS_confused: knocked the confidence out of me. always leave a job knowing it's spot on, but this one ..... looked fine when i left. had two site lights on it but .....

You must come across all affluent or something else. :RpS_biggrin:

i'm home, now; i'm okay. just hurled everything in the van and on the roofrack and got the hell out of dodge. looked like the clampets in beverly hillbillys. on the vino, now. first glass in a week:RpS_thumbup:

don't know wtf to do with this gear, now. might use what i have left at the beginning of next week and try and suss it out once again. just know multi wouldn't have flash set on the same ceiling. ffs, i had to brush a bit of the pva off with the broom because it was just hanging....

don't know where to start, really. just had a nightmare of a day. easily my worst day in the past five years or thereabouts :RpS_mad: nice straightforward ceiling, artexed but more or less flat. only had to scrape the finger line. pva'd twice. all looked fine. first coat on about eleven and it flash set on me. couldn't believe it. the last two jobs i've done with this i had all the time in the world. just got worse after that. got a second coat on but that went as well. couldn't trowel it flat because it kept tearing. even tried sponging it but that didn't work. got to half two and i was thinking i'd have to tell the fella i'd be coming back to do it with multi. then i tried another coat as last resort, and it went on spot on. thought everything was hunky dory. but just couldn't trowel it up. just kept tearing :RpS_cursing: the plazzie tore it more than the stainless. then i noticed huge patches of the ceiling had blistered and had to scrape them off and patch. it was like the cock in the hillside video. all the time the fella keeps coming in asking if everything was okay. it was like the perfect storm of plastering where everything went tits up. left at six o'clock with the ceiling looking okay .....:RpS_unsure:
should have tried it on a smaller ceiling. don't know wtf went wrong :RpS_confused: knocked the confidence out of me. always leave a job knowing it's spot on, but this one ..... looked fine when i left. had two site lights on it but .....

I never used mp on a artex and am not going to after reading this. But have to say I love it on bored work r a big hit on a reskim.

Just bite the bullet and admit your a failure

no, arti. i'll persevere until the last four bags run out. if i haven't cracked it then im back with multi and board. i'm not using over artex anymore, though.

by the way, arti, can i go over sovereign renderlite with multi ...:RpS_unsure:

I never used mp on a artex and am not going to after reading this. But have to say I love it on bored work r a big hit on a reskim.

i've only had problems over artex, chlemo. reskim and board, spot on, i loved it. got reskim first three days of next week. if it goes on fine on monday i'll get some more. otherwise ...

went fine with the last one. lovely.

that ceiling today would have went on fine with multi. you can just tell. like i say had to take some of the pva off with a broom because it was hanging. actually thought i'd be hanging about waiting for it to go, get the van sorted, hoover up, have a cup of coffee :RpS_laugh:

had two jobs to look at mid afternoon i was that sure i'd be done ...:rolleyes)

I'm not a sovereign user am a Kingfisher ninja. But I believe you can. Check the data sheet marra. I would imagine it's on there website

Status
Not open for further replies.