Monocouche or silicone for garden wall

StorminNorman72

Dear all,
I have a concrete block work garden wall that needs rendering. It’s newly built and is 40sq m in area. I don’t want sand and cement render as I prefer to spend extra on a coloured render and save painting years down the line and some of the wall will have plants against it so painting will be a PITA.
I hear silicone is best but expensive. Is it overkill for a garden wall?
Also as it’s a new wall with a concrete foundation cracking/movement should be minimal?
The contractor recommends Monocouche. But says it will be applied direct onto the concrete block with no base coat???
Would he still use a mesh?
Is that correct? I thought you would need a base coat and mesh?
So What is the best/most suitable tender for the job and if Monocouche is fine do I need a base coat? Or just mesh? Or both?
My apologies for all the questions!
Thanks in advance for your advice.

Dear all,
I have a concrete block work garden wall that needs rendering. It’s newly built and is 40sq m in area. I don’t want sand and cement render as I prefer to spend extra on a coloured render and save painting years down the line and some of the wall will have plants against it so painting will be a PITA.
I hear silicone is best but expensive. Is it overkill for a garden wall?
Also as it’s a new wall with a concrete foundation cracking/movement should be minimal?
The contractor recommends Monocouche. But says it will be applied direct onto the concrete block with no base coat???
Would he still use a mesh?
Is that correct? I thought you would need a base coat and mesh?
So What is the best/most suitable tender for the job and if Monocouche is fine do I need a base coat? Or just mesh? Or both?
My apologies for all the questions!
Thanks in advance for your advice.
Mono looks better short term silicon long term imo .

But I don't know s**t