Microcement over tile wall joints

Pepe

Hi all, I'm wondering about covering the tiled walls (but not the also tiled floor) of a bathroom with microcement. I'm afraid that tiny pools of water in the floor may spread through the floor joints and climb a bit through the covered wall joints, leaving damp stains with the joint pattern just above the floor level. Am I being too cautious? Is this something that actually happens? Take into account that I'm not talking about a shower, it's just the regular bathroom floor humidity that worries me. Thank you very much.

Hi all, I'm wondering about covering the tiled walls (but not the also tiled floor) of a bathroom with microcement. I'm afraid that tiny pools of water in the floor may spread through the floor joints and climb a bit through the covered wall joints, leaving damp stains with the joint pattern just above the floor level. Am I being too cautious? Is this something that actually happens? Take into account that I'm not talking about a shower, it's just the regular bathroom floor humidity that worries me. Thank you very much.
Hi

This can be done.You will need to epoxy fill the joints prior to this.Are you thinking of doing yourself or getting someone in?where are based?

Not myself, I'm hiring a couple of contractors from a specialized firm but it still feels like a risky business here in Argentina. And I guess everywhere else too... googling for microcement you only see advertisement notes from the producers themselves and a lot of poor workmanship arguments that sound like the "no true scotsman" argument and also a lot like "this is the right paint it's just that you haven't hired Michelangelo". This is the only place I've found where genuine conversation takes place, not even Reddit has a lot to say about the subject.

Not myself, I'm hiring a couple of contractors from a specialized firm but it still feels like a risky business here in Argentina. And I guess everywhere else too... googling for microcement you only see advertisement notes from the producers themselves and a lot of poor workmanship arguments that sound like the "no true scotsman" argument and also a lot like "this is the right paint it's just that you haven't hired Michelangelo". This is the only place I've found where genuine conversation takes place, not even Reddit has a lot to say about the subject.
I see.Alot of people think it's like plastering and think they can do it but it's knowing the process and understanding the products.How bigs the area?

As said this can be done easily. I have used a product called feather it to fill the grout lines to make the surface flat. You can use microcement to do this and allow it to dry before microcementing the area. Downside to this it the expense of the product. Its a lot of money depending on the area. Realistically although I have never tried this you could clean the grout and then regrout to bring the grout to the tile height. I would give the grout a good scrape out so the fresh grout keys to the original. This is a cheaper way as the price of grout is a fraction compared to microcement. Again it needs to dry completely before microcementing the area