Liverpool ( Maghull ) whole house ( Semi ) requires rendering

Status
Not open for further replies.

barrymckenzie73

Hi, House is a 30s semi with a bay on the front. I have removed all the existing render down to the brick. I have had a quote from somebody using the wetherby system which I liked the sound of given it has the fibreglass mesh embedded. I have been told most people using sand and cement wont do as good a job as was originally done when the house was built?

House was originally dashed, but neighbour is now tyrolean so looking for a rough finish. Not particularly fussed on the scraped finish as it isn't particularly rough.

Contact me on here via email. No timewasters please as I have already lost a year due to one.

Barry​

Hi, House is a 30s semi with a bay on the front. I have removed all the existing render down to the brick. I have had a quote from somebody using the wetherby system which I liked the sound of given it has the fibreglass mesh embedded. I have been told most people using sand and cement wont do as good a job as was originally done when the house was built?

House was originally dashed, but neighbour is now tyrolean so looking for a rough finish. Not particularly fussed on the scraped finish as it isn't particularly rough.

Contact me on here via email. No timewasters please as I have already lost a year due to one.

Barry​
You need to leave your email Barry.

Barry dont get why you would lose a year due to timewasters! I smell a rat ! Huge one as well first of all im sure this was posted months ago ! If you want a rough finish to your render then employ a bus driver!

Why smell a rat? guy fails to do the job in Sept last year, rearrange for spring, hard to get hold of, give benefit of the doubt, be flexible, date set vaugely for sept, fails to reply for confimation of date, give up, text him Ive given up, replies within minutes saying he would still ike to do it. Look for somebody else, simples. I've reposted the thread in order to get some more interest as Im not sure it will show up near the top and may get missed.

Sad thing is, he was the person who instilled most confidence out of the quotes I had, hence the reason for holding on, but at the end of the day the constant chasing made me feel like an idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.