K rend whole house cost

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
As @owls said ,don,t know any company's that mainly do mono that are not vat,pain in the arse it is:RpS_cursing:

Last edited by a moderator:
Some points to consider

Now is the time to get work done as wet trades rates are very competitive right now.

Budget in favour of your render not something to try and save money on because it is at the end and you want that fancy multi room. - the render will make or break the whole job, if its done bang right you get the house u dream of. If done badly you house will look a turd and who wants to buy a turd. Its known that badly rendered properties lose value. Not worth the risk IMO as houses are the biggest investment a person will make.

Any tried and tested rendering outfit who is rendering day in day out will be vat reg and prob Ltd. Material costs are high and vat turnover threshold can be hit by material alone in a single year.

If they ain't vat reg then ask yourself. Are they plasterers having a go, chancers working for cash with no responsibility if it goes wrong, have they done enough rendering even to instill confidence in you ? ?

Remember monocouche render is not expensive in the scheme of things in fact it is an economical render solution and the price range goes upwards from here as does the quality in product.

If you have a quote from a reputable co and you have seen their previous work but you still want to shop about to save some £££ then you must accept an element of risk yourself.

Hope this advice helps

Also remember a bag of krend covers 0.8 of a metre Parex covers 1.1metres so it should actually work out cheaper on the whole cost

Some points to consider

Now is the time to get work done as wet trades rates are very competitive right now.

Budget in favour of your render not something to try and save money on because it is at the end and you want that fancy multi room. - the render will make or break the whole job, if its done bang right you get the house u dream of. If done badly you house will look a turd and who wants to buy a turd. Its known that badly rendered properties lose value. Not worth the risk IMO as houses are the biggest investment a person will make.

Any tried and tested rendering outfit who is rendering day in day out will be vat reg and prob Ltd. Material costs are high and vat turnover threshold can be hit by material alone in a single year.

If they ain't vat reg then ask yourself. Are they plasterers having a go, chancers working for cash with no responsibility if it goes wrong, have they done enough rendering even to instill confidence in you ? ?

Remember monocouche render is not expensive in the scheme of things in fact it is an economical render solution and the price range goes upwards from here as does the quality in product.

If you have a quote from a reputable co and you have seen their previous work but you still want to shop about to save some £££ then you must accept an element of risk yourself.

Hope this advice helps

a very good good and valid point John. I am Ltd but being domestic only one can get payment for materials and scaffolding paid direct so avoiding vat registration. Just good luck so far.

Not many private jobs want to pay vat but little do they know they are not saving that much.

contract wise they would be better getting invoiced for the whole job but hey ho.

I am ltd and vat reg. Done bout 9 house extension/ build inside out so far this year. Supply and fit. So cant avoid the vat reg

ditto ive passed the threshold already this year, theres no benefit to being vat registered tho, all you are is an unpaid tax collector.

Some points to consider

Hope this advice helps
Well put mate :RpS_thumbup:

a very good good and valid point John. I am Ltd but being domestic only one can get payment for materials and scaffolding paid direct so avoiding vat registration. Just good luck so far.

Not many private jobs want to pay vat but little do they know they are not saving that much.

contract wise they would be better getting invoiced for the whole job but hey ho.

I agree vat puts people off but its not a lot extra like you say we build our rates up from net costs where as another contractor will have the vat on supplies included already. So the labour vat is the only extra

Since going vat i dont seem to win domestic work any more as they see it as im too expensive. So rely on contractor work now. To me an established company would be more secure than a soletrader with no paperwork. Any problems or warranties would be easily secured

its basically horses for courses you become vat and ltd and need to push more work over and bigger jobs including small commercials but it doesnt mean you need to be on the huge sites doing schools hotels etc

big contractors with huge turnovers and very very competetive rates tend to the massive jobs but they have sites all over so economy of scale keeps them in profit thoushands of metres a week will be completed but at little mark up and they usually have up to 100 lads on for them

smaller guys can still service the domestic market doing mainly terraces semis etc picking up local work etc

every firm has its place i guess

thanks again for the comments. Interesting to see peoples opinion on VAT registration and obviously in the grand scheme of things its not loads but for some reason its always a bug bear to be paying another form of tax. Its frustrating to find the company you want to use is more expensive than another but not because they charge more, just because they are forced to charge you an extra tax... grrr.

Agree with plasterjfe. This is one of the things which will make or break the build so certainly something I want to get right. In fact my eyes have been opened to K Rend and the alternatives and Im pretty certain now I will be using a different product. I would disagree though that just because someone charges more means they will do a better job and vice versa. Ultimately people will charge whatever they think is fair or they can get away with. As an example of this one builder quoting for the extension quoted over double the price of most of the other quotes. Does that mean I will get a better finish / service.. maybe, maybe not. But when we are talking about tens of thousands in difference I would be stupid to go with the expensive option by assuming I will get a better service. I would prefer to see their previous work, speak to previous customers, read reviews of the company, discuss warranty / guarantees etc and then can make an informed decision on who to use. Obviously I also have to take into account the price as part of the decision process.

Anyway Dansouthcoast84 kindly came over and discussed options with me (very nice chap). So next question is deciding on the correct product to use. Think that will be best for another thread though.

Thanks again everyone, much appreciated

Loads. Of product threads on already.

Builder are known rip merchants. Rendering contractors are usually within a couple of grand on a big job

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.