K rend whole house cost

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

gregory01

Hi everyone

ok please don't shoot me down for asking for a price but I figure there is no better place to ask than on here.

I am doing a house extension (current house is brick and extension is block work). It's approx 200sqm of render on a detached rectangular house. Access is great as it's a corner plot.

I have had a quote for k rend of £7k excluding scaffolding which has been quoted off drawings as the extension hasn't been built yet. I'm just trying to find out as a rough ballpark figure what others may charge. Ultimately Is the quote cheap, average or expensive.

Any help would be really appreciated.
Thanks

Your best bet is to ask @Danny to sort your thread as prices discussed openly leads to argueing mate. And if it was my house id forget k rend as its garbage and doesnt last very long without looking "bleep" !!! :RpS_thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Have to agree with Marshy. There are better products which give similar finish with in the krend price range.
Maybe put you email and location for any interested parties to give you a price

Thanks for the replies so far. I was under the impression k rend was a good product to use but I am certainly open to alternatives. Needless to say its a lot of money to spend so I want something which will last and not look rubbish after a few years.

I'm based is Gosport on the south coast by the way. What do people mean by getting @Danny to sort the thread? Sorry for the newbie comments. :)

Seems cheap/fair really , i havnt done coloured render just sand cement etc but seems like not a bad price , make sure they work to spec and price for it that way , eg mesh etc

Thanks for the replies so far. I was under the impression k rend was a good product to use but I am certainly open to alternatives. Needless to say its a lot of money to spend so I want something which will last and not look rubbish after a few years.

I'm based is Gosport on the south coast by the way. What do people mean by getting @Danny to sort the thread? Sorry for the newbie comments. :)

Danny is the owner. He can move the thread to private section so you wont get loads of chancers contacting and pestering you.

If your in gosport there are few of us in the area. Me and @Wezly and couple others in the portsmouth area.

Maybe speak to encons in gosport for brochure on parex. Same princible as krend but a better product in my opinion

Yep, its cheap, as said there are better products ie Parex Monorex or Weber Pral M. The main criteria here though is the applicator, as with out experience in these materials, the applicator can and will leave disasterous results.
200M2 is a fair area and your property probably has some decent size elevetions so therefore I would go down the machine applied route.

nobody has mentioned if that's plus or including vat aswell
7k aint bad, your materials could be 2.5

Thanks again for all the advice. From the sounds of things it seems to be a good quote - maybe too good. The chap who quoted is on check a trade, has good feedback and I called him after seeing his sign outside a K rend job which looked spot on. Is there anything I should watch out for?

I have also spoken to dansouthcoast84 - thanks for your advice :) I must say I have seen a job he has just finished close to me and the finish looked great just a shame you charge VAT.

I have also spent a bit of time working out the sqm of the property. I make it 189.75 sqm in total however if you exclude the windows / doors the actual area to render is 144.59sqm. Windows and doors can be fitted after the render if that helps as all are being replaced.

and most rendering outfits will be vat reg as you soon reach the threshold as the product is expensive

As owls says, anyone working with these products would be registered for VAT anyhow.

Being so close to the coast in gosport you would be better off with a acrylic or silicone topcoat render. If you where to go for mono, Parex for instance, would no doubt specify 20mm finished thickness with paragaurd sealer on top. Certainly nowhere near the £7k you have been quoted i'm sorry to say.

After talking to gregory .( nice bloke people).
His price is for base. Mesh and krend!!!. So guessing original quote from a sole trader who mainly is labour only.
So very unlikley to beat that anyday of the week.
I have suggested parex like wez says also thicoat silicone render because of the coastal propertey

After talking to gregory .( nice bloke people).
His price is for base. Mesh and krend!!!. So guessing original quote from a sole trader who mainly is labour only.
So very unlikley to beat that anyday of the week.
I have suggested parex like wez says also thicoat silicone render because of the coastal propertey

Thanks again for the suggestions. I came onto the site under the impression K Rend was pretty much the best there is but it appears I was definitely wrong. I really appreciate all the help as its a lot of money to spend so want to make sure I get the right product for the house and I need it applied by the right person for the job.

So I guess the next question is about Pyrex vs K rend. What are the pros / cons and why is Pyrex more expensive? Is it the material cost, does it involve more layers / prep work etc and is it really better?

Parex is in 30 kg bags whereas Krend is in 25 kg bags. Parex is streets ahead of Krend in its composition and price wise you should be paying roughly the same so shop around.
Encon would be a good place to start.
Prep wise would be the same for both products.

Bear in mind the non vat registered trades person will be charging vat on everything but the labour. He has to buy at vat inc and pass it on as the vat registered man charges net of vat then adds it on so not necessary +20% maybe not even 10% as the materials and other brought in services will be greater than his labour.

Status
Not open for further replies.