Jointing Trowel

Members online

fraseramos

Probably making a tit of myself, I’m a tape and jointer and some of the plasterboard I’m working with is horrendous, so I’m looking for a ‘hybrid’ trowel.

I have a mt permashape, and a Nela mediflex. The mediflex is slightly too flexible and, and the permashape is sometimes too rigid, this being for the first coat (filler.) Whether I need to wait for the permashape to break in a bit more (being new to the trade) I’m not sure.

If anyone has any recommendations as to whether I just need to wait for the permashape to break in, or anyone can recommend a trowel between the mediflex and permashape in terms of flexibility, please help!

Cheers!

Kraft optiflex will be

Also refina s*p*r*lex 2 and 3

Dewalt 0.5 aswell

But probably the refina finatex 2 will suit the best.

Probably making a tit of myself, I’m a tape and jointer and some of the plasterboard I’m working with is horrendous, so I’m looking for a ‘hybrid’ trowel.

I have a mt permashape, and a Nela mediflex. The mediflex is slightly too flexible and, and the permashape is sometimes too rigid, this being for the first coat (filler.) Whether I need to wait for the permashape to break in a bit more (being new to the trade) I’m not sure.

If anyone has any recommendations as to whether I just need to wait for the permashape to break in, or anyone can recommend a trowel between the mediflex and permashape in terms of flexibility, please help!

Cheers!
Jointing Trowel

If you’re hand taping those two trowel you use are useless IMO. This 11” Ragni carbon is a dead flat trowel which is what you want, not a curved Perma or a semi-flex. Your looking to block out your joints flat. If you’re a hand taper these two tools are your bread & butter.

Cheers!
I use the Nela s*p*r*lex for jointing and its sound.