IWI Practices

Rustyh

Evening All,

I only saw an EWI forum, not a IWI so apologies if this is the wrong section.

I'm just doing up an old 2 bed terraced that has solid brick walls. Rendered on the outside which has been checked for condition and I am likely to also have a new liquid damp proof installed.

I want to install insulated plasterboard on the inside of the external walls.

I was wondering what we're best practices to ensure you prevent a build up of condensation on the internal brick surface?
Dot & Dab or Timber Frame, Vapour Barrier, Air Tight sealing, etc?

Cheers
Russ

Evening All,

I'm just doing up an old 2 bed terraced that has solid brick walls. Rendered on the outside which has been checked for condition and I am likely to also have a new liquid damp proof installed.

I was wondering what we're best practices to ensure you prevent a build up of condensation on the internal brick surface?

Cheers
Russ

Usually 50mm insulation to meet regs, but if you’re not going down that route then anything is a bonus.

Evening All,

Cheers
Russ
The best practice would be to do it externally