Is it really that hard to some people

John j

Mono Don
Just been to price a job for some one I worked for a while back.
Told me there not getting another price as they are more then happy with work i did before.( @essexandy get it right some times) But put me price in for what i want dont believe in ripping people of.
Anyway on way out I had a glance at last bit of work and at first I was shocked . I thought what the f**k up with that. Looked like log ripples that had cracked . On second glance I noticed it was paint runs . Looked a right t**t.
Is it really that hard for some people's to paint. Really need to Try n talk em in to getting a decorator for next job before they f**k it up

Told me there not getting another price as they are more then happy with work i did before.( @essexandy get it right some times) But put me price in for what i want dont believe in ripping people of.
Anyway on way out I had a glance at last bit of work and at first I was shocked . I thought what the f**k up with that. Looked like log ripples that had cracked . On second glance I noticed it was paint runs . Looked a right t**t.
Is it really that hard for some people's to paint. Really need to Try n talk em in to getting a decorator for next job before they f**k it up
That pisses me off when people say we want a premium job when your pricing then when your doing the job they start painting it and f**k it right up, roller lines every where and patchy as f**k

Mate I’ve done the same . I always tell customers to give it a mist coat of watererd down Matt emulsion and decent brand . Some listen some don’t and pay the price . I don’t even paint my own house . The way I see it I get paid to plaster then hand it over to a Painter. It’s what makes the world go round. In fact my brother was going to put 2 days holiday in to paint his stairs . I told him it’s a false economy because it will look s**t . Might as well go to work and pay a painter .

Always tell the customer mist coat it with watered down matt emulsion. Although I've had the old "my mate/dad/brothers" a P&D and he says to use pva.

You'll never see me pricing jobs at 8.19 pm

Usually because I can't remember where I parked the van.

It's surprising what costly damage a bad paint job can do to a house. Just goes to show it ain't about slapping it about. It is a skilled trade.

Painting the one trade that the world and its dog can do.
Not true m8 I've seen people that are very qualified can't paint. Ther more to it than people think preaping up difrent paint. What do you do to pine wood before undercoating??

Not true m8 I've seen people that are very qualified can't paint. Ther more to it than people think preaping up difrent paint. What do you do to pine wood before undercoating??
I painted my stained spindles white .decorator said sand em first. I did one spindle and thiught f**k this and just painted em . Been ok touch wood

Mate I’ve done the same . I always tell customers to give it a mist coat of watererd down Matt emulsion and decent brand . Some listen some don’t and pay the price . I don’t even paint my own house . The way I see it I get paid to plaster then hand it over to a Painter. It’s what makes the world go round. In fact my brother was going to put 2 days holiday in to paint his stairs . I told him it’s a false economy because it will look s**t . Might as well go to work and pay a painter .

What are men such as this who can't put a pot of paint on a wall properly?

Painting is piss easy, the trick with painting isn't doing a good job, it's doing a good job quickly enough to make any money.

Forgot the mist coat. Just use two coats of contract .mat emulsion. Drop of water in first coat job done .and another thing. My farmer jiles are playing up.

Yes m8 ther more to painting than people think

My problem with painting is pricing. I'm always all over the place with it.

Priced to paint a big stairwell. Priced 4 days, took me 6. Lucky enough, priced ironwork for 2 days, took 6 hrs and got 6 more to do...that'll be nice. Priced front door assembly for a day, took 4 hrs. Got 6 more. Priced 8 doors for a day, took 20 minutes each. Got 6 more blocks to do. Thought these gutters would take a day, gonna be more like two, but I have a day for windows and a say to do half day of plastering, so can make it up there.

That's problem with odd jobs and not doing one thing day in day out - always seem to be making crazy money or fcuk all. Worked for an old woman for a week for £50 once because I made a total arse of pricing it.

Priced to paint a big stairwell. Priced 4 days, took me 6. Lucky enough, priced ironwork for 2 days, took 6 hrs and got 6 more to do...that'll be nice. Priced front door assembly for a day, took 4 hrs. Got 6 more. Priced 8 doors for a day, took 20 minutes each. Got 6 more blocks to do. Thought these gutters would take a day, gonna be more like two, but I have a day for windows and a say to do half day of plastering, so can make it up there.

That's problem with odd jobs and not doing one thing day in day out - always seem to be making crazy money or fcuk all. Worked for an old woman for a week for £50 once because I made a total arse of pricing it.
Good thing though with trades you can make a loss back on next job

Always add a few days on mate.
Everything and anything can go wrong.

Good thing though with trades you can make a loss back on next job

With trade though, you should have a good idea of how long everything will take you and come in smack on 9/10. When you're doing the sort of work that I do, it's a lot harder to get it right every time.

I might've found the ideal job for me now, so long as I look after this customer good. He does property management and has a lot of property himself. Tradesman is no good to him and nor is a labourer - he needs something in between. Someone like me.

It's fuckign murder finding a job when you do what I do, but the people who need someone like me have murder finding him.