Aaronkhabra

Hello all, thanks for helping me.

I have a 4 walled room and ceiling to sort out.

Walls had multiple layers of painted wallpaper that has been stripped
Ceiling has a painted texture thats likely just paint with a mop finish not actual texture, just blobs of paint.

The walls have some white primer or paint on them after the wallpaper was stripped and many torn drywall paper areas as shown in the pictures.

I have sanded down the walls and they feel smooth, all peeling bits are off so i assume its ready for some type of sealant and then filling of damaged areas

None of the plasterboards seem to be taped either and there was crown moulding all around that was removed to show a 4 inch gap between the wall and ceiling

From research i have seen people recommend sealing the walls before skimming.

The options were
Pva 1 dry coat 1 tacky coat then skim joint compound

Zinsser bin coat dry then skim joint compound

Blue/green grit then skim with plaster? (Is this different from joint compound, can someone link a product of each for reference if that is allowed or tell me the name)

Just joint compound over it multiple coats

Can someone explain pros cons of these, if there is others I've missed or their own recommendations based on the information and pictures.

It's unlikely I'll be able to reboard this time and removing most plugs that are not original

I'll likely get a plasterer in, but need a way to determine if their recommendation is actually any good and if there is any prep i need to do before.

Thanks for the help

Attachments

• IMG-20230718-WA0007.jpeg
    IMG-20230718-WA0007.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 99
  • IMG-20230718-WA0009.jpeg
    IMG-20230718-WA0009.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 96
  • IMG-20230718-WA0013.jpeg
    IMG-20230718-WA0013.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 94
  • IMG-20230718-WA0015.jpeg
    IMG-20230718-WA0015.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 93
  • IMG-20230718-WA0017.jpeg
    IMG-20230718-WA0017.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 107
  • IMG-20230718-WA0011.jpeg
    IMG-20230718-WA0011.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 102
I understand that but, but as i said i want to understand what the issues and suggestions are, not take a single persons choice that happens to be local to me

Ceiling has a painted texture thats likely just paint with a mop finish not actual texture, just blobs of paint.

The walls have some white primer or paint on them after the wallpaper was stripped and many torn drywall paper areas as shown in the pictures.

I have sanded down the walls and they feel smooth, all peeling bits are off so i assume its ready for some type of sealant and then filling of damaged areas

None of the plasterboards seem to be taped either and there was crown moulding all around that was removed to show a 4 inch gap between the wall and ceiling

The options were

Blue/green grit then skim with plaster? (Is this different from joint compound, can someone link a product of each for reference if that is allowed or tell me the name)

Can someone explain pros cons of these, if there is others I've missed or their own recommendations based on the information and pictures.

It's unlikely I'll be able to reboard this time and removing most plugs that are not original

I'll likely get a plasterer in, but need a way to determine if their recommendation is actually any good and if there is any prep i need to do before.

Thanks for the help
A competent time served plasterer will get over all that. Otherwise completely re-board and get a bottom feeder in.
All the best.

The options were

Thanks for the help
fuk me.

You whitter on almost as much as psycho clown.

Calm yourself and get a plasterer.

Just not Casper