How many m2 in one go?

Paul S

Hi all,

As the title suggests, what amount of wall coverage could I do in one session or one day? Specifically going over existing plaster with multifinish?

Ive done a lot of plastering and can easily do a 2.5m x 5m wall, but I have a whole downstairs to do renovating my house and Id like to speed things up. How much do plasterers normally tackle in a day/morning/afternoon??

If I want to get a normal sized room done in a day for example, whats the best way to do it?

Cheers
Paul

Hi all,

As the title suggests, what amount of wall coverage could I do in one session or one day? Specifically going over existing plaster with multifinish?

Ive done a lot of plastering and can easily do a 2.5m x 5m wall, but I have a whole downstairs to do renovating my house and Id like to speed things up. How much do plasterers normally tackle in a day/morning/afternoon??

If I want to get a normal sized room done in a day for example, whats the best way to do it?

Cheers
Paul
All depends on suction as I'm sure you know. The equation is,...more suction=less m2.
Normal procedure would be clean/scrape/pva surfaces......all of them.
Put the ceiling on first, if confident and suction allows add a wall. Trowel to finish. Most bloke will do two or three sets/hits/lifts/gauges per day.
Split a normal sized room into two or three sections and go for it. As the 1st section hardens off bash the second one on and so forth.
A bag of multi covers 10m2 finished.
All the best, post pics of your efforts.
Any problems, ask on here. Good luck.

Don't Base what you do on what others do...

There are some on here who would comfortably put on 10 bags in one go...

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

How long is a piece of string? I think @brimplas has given the best answer. Your plastering is a finished surface that wants to last as long as your house. Getting it spot on is more important than doing it quickly.

One thing I've learnt from the guys on here is there is nothing wrong with going at your own pace and quality over quantity every time. I've pushed myself at times to get a bit more on, and generally been ok (not talking pro quantities) and it was good for the learning experience, but now for me its more about consistency and keeping off the f**k**g super flex! :D

How long is a piece of string? I think @brimplas has given the best answer. Your plastering is a finished surface that wants to last as long as your house. Getting it spot on is more important than doing it quickly.
I don't know f you can see "likes" @Pug , but that sir got one from me.

Sod it mate, stick the whole downstairs on....it'll be grand

Hi all,

Cheers
Paul
Get up early:estudioso: