Helping hand......

Members online

Nwplasterer

Been a plasterer now for ten years but all I have ever done is internal work I've done a bit of sand and cement internally but only once. I'm now interested in learning external rendering and was wondering if anyone in the Manchester area needs a helping hand I don't expect to be paid I'd just like to see how it's done and don't mind chipping in a bit.....

Been a plasterer now for ten years but all I have ever done is internal work I've done a bit of sand and cement internally but only once. I'm now interested in learning external rendering and was wondering if anyone in the Manchester area needs a helping hand I don't expect to be paid I'd just like to see how it's done and don't mind chipping in a bit.....

There are a lot of people that are in your same situation... as most domestic work is inside stuff...

You will find it very hard to convince a local renderer to show you the ropes as they are effectively training their competition....

I know gold trowel do rendering course and seeing as you have a lot of trowel experience I reckon you could use their training center as a way to practice and get guidance and may be the route I would recommend or at least an option if nobody is willing to help you out :D

You may have to travel to find someone who will show you the ropes as those on your door step may not want to breed competion. But if you can travel it will be worth it.

I travelled up to 250 miles to gain experience setting off at 5.30 am. But the experience I gained was worth it. Observe and get involved if allowed.

Youtube it the night before so you have some idea.

Good luck, with enthusiasm you will get there.

You may have to travel to find someone who will show you the ropes as those on your door step may not want to breed competion. But if you can travel it will be worth it.

I travelled up to 250 miles to gain experience setting off at 5.30 am. But the experience I gained was worth it. Observe and get involved if allowed.

Youtube it the night before so you have some idea.

Good luck, with enthusiasm you will get there.
Just not that RWF prick he'd put anybody off

Brilliant post. Great attitude to have and I like that. I've got some stuff to do but not for a while yet. PM me your number if your still keen and I won't be offended if your all sorted out. As I say it's a while off yet but I'd be happy to show you what I know. Should take about 2mins lol