Hello to all

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anaheimduck

How great is the Web, what a great way to meet other people who work in the same trade
I have been in this game for 40+ years and wish that I was starting over again.Did a year in the motor trade hated every minute,got talked into this trade by three brothers and i am glad they did.Have 4 kids three have worked with me over the years the eldest has stuck with it my latest apprentice is my daughter.
If anybody is interested I have posted a video on running solid mouldings on youtube here is the link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjuhDyCbarA
All the very best
Colin

welcome aboard 8)
thanks for the video also, ive been running moulds over the last couple of months at college, not in situ tho. be nice to do it for a customer if the opportunity arises 8)

nice video colin :)......its nice to see more females getting into the trade

hi colin, don't want to sound stupid but do you always apply the the plaster with a gauging trowel for mouldings and if "yes" why? cheers mate!

Hi Pug
No you can apply with a Trowel but you have more control with a gauger mainly because the mix starts out very wet so by the time you have applied the first coat in length it has started to pickup enough to go over it again also if there is a coved part to the moulding it is easier to get in with the gauging trowel but there is no hardened rule what suits you best
Regards
Colin

Status
Not open for further replies.