Hello - I have an insurance claim question for bad plastering

I'm back!
To answer everyone's questions:
1). I don't know why the decorator didn't tell me the plastering was shite. I think he's too nice a bloke. Apparently, the plasterer's insurance company is asking the same question and also asking for a C&G certificate to prove he's a qualified decorator. So I assume the insurance company won't pay out if he hasn't got a certificate because he's not qualified, or if he has got a certificate, they won't pay out because the decorator shouldn't have carried on with the work.
2) It was plastered over old lava & plaster (?? It's a 1930's house)
3) My "friend" said that his room was plastered perfectly.
4) I agree, I should have waited for the previous plasterer to become available. But I've been promising my 11 year old daughter for a year now that's she'll have her own room very soon. And I have everything else lined up ready to come in (decorator, carpet, wardrobe, bed, mattress etc).
5) I want a refund of what he charged me for the plastering. (£550) Plus the money for the wallpaper he ruined. (£40) Plus some of the money charged by the decorator.
5) I ALWAYS make lots of tea & coffee, offer biscuits and have even been known to supply bacon sandwiches.

Hope that clarifies some things.
:D

No insurance is going to pay out for poor workmanship, you will not get your money back, that's the truth.

I'm back!
1). I don't know why the decorator didn't tell me the plastering was shite. I think he's too nice a bloke. Apparently, the plasterer's insurance company is asking the same question and also asking for a C&G certificate to prove he's a qualified decorator. So I assume the insurance company won't pay out if he hasn't got a certificate because he's not qualified, or if he has got a certificate, they won't pay out because the decorator shouldn't have carried on with the work.
4) I agree, I should have waited for the previous plasterer to become available. But I've been promising my 11 year old daughter for a year now that's she'll have her own room very soon. And I have everything else lined up ready to come in (decorator, carpet, wardrobe, bed, mattress etc).
5) I want a refund of what he charged me for the plastering. (£550) Plus the money for the wallpaper he ruined. (£40) Plus some of the money charged by the decorator.
5) I ALWAYS make lots of tea & coffee, offer biscuits and have even been known to supply bacon sandwiches.

How much was the painter

You could claim for a water leak. You could accidentally loosen the waste fitting on your bath and get a leak into your kitchen ceiling? Or accidentally knock out a radiator feed with the hoover and before you knew what to do the whole radiator had emptied into the room below? Why can't your husband just call round at his house and demand the money back?

I'm back!

Karen he's having you over, it doesn't matter if your dog painted the walls, aslong as you can tell the plastering is s**t beneath the paint, it's still s**t end of.

Do you even know if that plasterer has his C&G? Ask to see it?

Better still ask him to show you correspondence from the insurance company as it wouldn't all be done by phone calls would it!?

Even better ask him nicely to stop f**k**g you about and that he can either reimburse you or you'll plaster his s**t pics all over your Facebook page with his name on and a be warned sign. If that doesn't get you anything back... well you either leave it as a lesson learned or go and kick his face in.

Fight fire with Fire or better still put the fire out for good [emoji51][emoji16][emoji1419][emoji41][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Karen he's having you over, it doesn't matter if your dog painted the walls, aslong as you can tell the plastering is s**t beneath the paint, it's still s**t end of.

Better still ask him to show you correspondence from the insurance company as it wouldn't all be done by phone calls would it!?

Even better ask him nicely to stop f**k**g you about and that he can either reimburse you or you'll plaster his s**t pics all over your Facebook page with his name on and a be warned sign. If that doesn't get you anything back... well you either leave it as a lesson learned or go and kick his face in.

Fight fire with Fire or better still put the fire out for good [emoji51][emoji16][emoji1419][emoji41][emoji23]

I don't have a c and g

You lot need to get a grip.
Half of these posts are worse than the fuucking mumsnet posts from earlier.
If your all that bothered get her no.
And go n sort it.
Could of snagged it 30 times by now.

You lot need to get a grip.
Half of these posts are worse than the fuucking mumsnet posts from earlier.
If your all that bothered get her no.
And go n sort it.
Could of snagged it 30 times by now.
Id luv to see half of these lads work..shes put 4 pics up..1 with paint on the wallpaper,1 with a shite angle,1 with a bodged ceiling angle where wallpaper has been cut in and 1 with 2 trowel marks with about 5 shoddy holes..perfect is every1 on here

Id luv to see half of these lads work..shes put 4 pics up..1 with paint on the wallpaper,1 with a shite angle,1 with a bodged ceiling angle where wallpaper has been cut in and 1 with 2 trowel marks with about 5 shoddy holes..perfect is every1 on here
As said... best avoid the domestics kitchy:LOL:

You shouldn't be so worked up about it because she wants her money back from you

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

My reference to the C & G was because the OP said the plasterers insurance company had asked for the painters....which is obviously bollucks so I was hinting at the op to call the plasterers bluff!

What is a fuucking op c and g ??
Is this a different langauge....its the shiit i hear everday off site agents and bell end contract managers.....your not in the army....lifes not a secret its just a s**t stained job.
2 clicks north might sort you half arsed job.....keep frosty.

I don't think the thread is real so I wouldn't fall out over it? The painter and homeowner would have noticed big gouges like that before painting. It's been plastered, but not recently and not by anyone you're going to claim off?