Hello - I have an insurance claim question for bad plastering

Members online

No members online now.
Thanks, I wasn't asking for anyone to be judge or jury. My question was actually who makes the claim to the plasterer's insurance company?
The plasterer makes the claim, but doubt he will, he'll just become impossible to get hold of, get the forms from the small claims court and send him a photo saying you'll send them in if he doesnt give you a refund

Thanks, I wasn't asking for anyone to be judge or jury. My question was actually who makes the claim to the plasterer's insurance company?

Does he have insurance though ? If so his insurance will not cover bad workmanship and his excess will be more than the cost to repair wallpaper I'm afraid

Small claims is like 65 quid she would see 485 back if she wins the case, but probably in dribs and drabs

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

the total amount including a redecorate would be over the limit for the small claims court

his insurance will only cover any damage he accidentally did to your property. they do not pay out on faulty workmanship.

you paid for a quality job, to receive decoration without any other attention needed. i.e. no filling, no sanding.
this chap is trying to steal money from you by pretending to be a qualified plasterer.

Could have been using UNI, erm what's it called, that slow drying finish stuff,comes in bags that look like plaster,works better with some PVA applied first!!!!!!
Where there's a blame , there's a claim

About right for most people in this mad world

Can I claim for customers not making coffee ?

The trouble is with this kind of thing she would spend more money on legal fees and still end up with nought, wrong but just how it is.

it depends if the person that you sue has got any assets of value, if they have you can turn a screw. if they have not then do not go down that road.

Total mess of a situation,tbh it's a waste of time coming on here to get confirmation to back up your version of a this sorry episode ,I've been warned before for commenting on these kind of posts but imo they are absolute waste of time ,none of us know the full story ,with everyone's account,we ain't a court and shouldn't be judge and jury.

You are all at fault in my view ,you,the plasterer and the painter.
Trouble is most people don't know good from shoite I've been led through many houses where they have proudly shown off sub standard work.
But in this case we can presume there was other plastering previously to a good ?? Standard and considering nobody knew this guy I would of thought looking over his work at the end of day 1 would of been an idea.
But to allow him to blunder on and then pay for that !!!! What can anyone say?? Hope she pulled her "friend" round to see his fine craft and perhaps explain why he was put forward??

It does look abit shoddy but ur all looking at like 4 little pics close up! Was it over skim or onto fresh board? Ive love to see some peoples work on here that are piping up..

It does look abit shoddy but ur all looking at like 4 little pics close up! Was it over skim or onto fresh board? Ive love to see some peoples work on here that are piping up..

a bit shoddy ? it is a reskim . no plasterer done that, look at the internals, the gore holes, the trowel marks. how can anyone present work like that for payment?

a bit shoddy ? it is a reskim . no plasterer done that, look at the internals, the gore holes, the trowel marks. how can anyone present work like that for payment?
Ye the angle is shite and the holes around the socket are shoddy but we are not the jury as Vince said..she shud not have told the decorator to decorate the walls b4 he's touched the ceiling know matter how busy the decorator is..to the op u say the decorator filled out where he cud but why dint he fill the holes near the socket? Y dint he rub the angle down with a sanding pad? All wud take roughly 2minutes..im not getting into debate here cos quite frankly i dnt give a rats arse..its poor planning by the op who then got a shite spread in because she cudnt wait for the gud plasterer..

as others say
Not a skilled tradesman
Doubt he's got a pot to piss in ..

So can not have half of nothing ,
You be best Posting the warning in your local community

A few tips if your walls are rough and they have not asked for an old English finish,remove light bulbs,half close the curtains,change your name and phone number,pretend to be ill,start crying before they do.

When I saw the pictures I thought it's a wind up. Surely nobody could let that get to this stage before complaining especially as they had previous work done to a high acceptable standard?

Ye the angle is shite and the holes around the socket are shoddy but we are not the jury as Vince said..she shud not have told the decorator to decorate the walls b4 he's touched the ceiling know matter how busy the decorator is..to the op u say the decorator filled out where he cud but why dint he fill the holes near the socket? Y dint he rub the angle down with a sanding pad? All wud take roughly 2minutes..im not getting into debate here cos quite frankly i dnt give a rats arse..its poor planning by the op who then got a shite spread in because she cudnt wait for the gud plasterer..

Il never forgot the first house me and the split arse first moved into.
6 months she nagged me to re skim the kitchen ceiling.
I was 2 busy working and drinking.
Came home from work to find a van painted up in adverts (metel partioning/render/screed all aspects blahdey blah).
Kitchen full of tools stilts 10 buckets 5 trowels 5 brushes boards stands etc a complete s**t hole.
Half a fuucking ceiling skimmed ....8m !!
"Where the fuuck is he....hiding in the bedroom ?? What happened to the other half??" I asked.
She told me.. him and his mate where there for 6 hours and tired...the ceiling needed 2 days work.
I skimmed the other half.....took the morning off the next day and told the pair of cuunts they owe me £100.
They loaded their high class bullshit van as quick as they could....i never got my £100 but ive still got their stilts !!!

This place gets dafter and dafter so called plasterers making excuses for s**t work ie we don't know the full story? I will tell you the full story the work is s**t, you've been ripped off by some dickhead who took nearly three days to skim a small room, he is fobbing you off. Forget getting any money coz you won't, just slag him to everyone at the school so he doesn't rip any one else off.

It's time for Kitchy to stay away from domestics..
It's clearly not for you:whistle:
Hate domestics..did this this week..saying that had a hard slog of a day yestarday on site and actually thought wish I was bk on domestic!

Attachments

• WP_20161101_001.jpg
    WP_20161101_001.jpg
    418.9 KB · Views: 277
Hate domestics..did this this week..saying that had a hard slog of a day yestarday on site and actually thought wish I was bk on domestic!
Always domestic for me. Overboarded the ceiling and skimmed the lot and reskimmed a utility ceiling downstairs. 2 and half easy days. Thats my bills paid this month. Any other work is a bonus now!

Attachments

• 1478163527963.jpg
    1478163527963.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 292
I'm back!
To answer everyone's questions:
1). I don't know why the decorator didn't tell me the plastering was shite. I think he's too nice a bloke. Apparently, the plasterer's insurance company is asking the same question and also asking for a C&G certificate to prove he's a qualified decorator. So I assume the insurance company won't pay out if he hasn't got a certificate because he's not qualified, or if he has got a certificate, they won't pay out because the decorator shouldn't have carried on with the work.
2) It was plastered over old lava & plaster (?? It's a 1930's house)
3) My "friend" said that his room was plastered perfectly.
4) I agree, I should have waited for the previous plasterer to become available. But I've been promising my 11 year old daughter for a year now that's she'll have her own room very soon. And I have everything else lined up ready to come in (decorator, carpet, wardrobe, bed, mattress etc).
5) I want a refund of what he charged me for the plastering. (£550) Plus the money for the wallpaper he ruined. (£40) Plus some of the money charged by the decorator.
5) I ALWAYS make lots of tea & coffee, offer biscuits and have even been known to supply bacon sandwiches.

Hope that clarifies some things.
:D