Filling a wall after removing picture rail

Members online

Gail

Hi
I am hoping that someone can advise me.
I have recently removed old picture rails that existed from when the house was built. There are now deep gaps left in the walls.
Small pieces of wood had been fitted in the gaps. The rail seems to have been cemented in when the house was built.
How can I fill these gaps?
Any advise would be appreciated.
Thanks
Gail

Hi
I am hoping that someone can advise me.
I have recently removed old picture rails that existed from when the house was built. There are now deep gaps left in the walls.
Small pieces of wood had been fitted in the gaps. The rail seems to have been cemented in when the house was built.
How can I fill these gaps?
Any advise would be appreciated.
Thanks
Gail
Pictures?

Dado rail (aka chair rail)

This is a section of architrave that sits about 90cm from the floor. Over the Georgian period it was common to lean dining chairs up against the walls, with dado rails there to protect the décor from damage. Once the Victorian era arrived, trends evolved and these rails began to disappear, before returning at the start of the 20th century as a form of decoration.

(picture rail high up to hang pictures on)

Dado rail (aka chair rail)

This is a section of architrave that sits about 90cm from the floor. Over the Georgian period it was common to lean dining chairs up against the walls, with dado rails there to protect the décor from damage. Once the Victorian era arrived, trends evolved and these rails began to disappear, before returning at the start of the 20th century as a form of decoration.

(picture rail high up to hang pictures on)
@dadorail not #real does it /&£exist!