EWI Fixing Method

Members online

jgood

Hello all,

Just looking at getting companies to do EWI and reading up on it so I know what questions to ask.

I've read several of the manufacturers fixing instructions and they all seem to say to do it the same way. Butter all around the edge of the board and dab a few times in the middle. Some say at least 40% of the board should have adhesive on it.

I took a look at a job down the road from me and the boards were just dabbed at a few points. No continuous adhesive around the full edge of any board. Also gap between boards and wall was about 25mm.

What do fitters on here make of that. Is that acceptable workmanship.

J

Hello all,

Just looking at getting companies to do EWI and reading up on it so I know what questions to ask.

I've read several of the manufacturers fixing instructions and they all seem to say to do it the same way. Butter all around the edge of the board and dab a few times in the middle. Some say at least 40% of the board should have adhesive on it.

I took a look at a job down the road from me and the boards were just dabbed at a few points. No continuous adhesive around the full edge of any board. Also gap between boards and wall was about 25mm.

What do fitters on here make of that. Is that acceptable workmanship.

J
Jem?

it should be picture frame aroumd board and dabs in middle.

25mm off the wall usually means wall isnt plumb. some of the advantages with the adhesibe you can line the boards in flat.

it will be mechanically fixed aswell.

if you require any advice send us an email.

ejl.plastering@gmail.com
www.ejlplastering.com
Thanks for your reply.

I just threw a spirit level on my wall (2-5mm small pebble dash estimated) and it's out of plumb by as much as 10mm over 1m. I didn't check the whole wall just a few spots but if that is reflective of the whole wall it could add up to quite a lot when you get to the top of the wall (2 storey).

If you line the boards in flat to the wall you'll probably end up with issues at the corners will you not?

Afraid not
Get Out Of Here GIF by Basketball Madness

Thanks for your reply.

I just threw a spirit level on my wall (2-5mm small pebble dash estimated) and it's out of plumb by as much as 10mm over 1m. I didn't check the whole wall just a few spots but if that is reflective of the whole wall it could add up to quite a lot when you get to the top of the wall (2 storey).

If you line the boards in flat to the wall you'll probably end up with issues at the corners will you not?

Can you not just go with it? Does it need to be plumb?

Thanks for your reply.

Don't worry too much about such a trivial thing, theirs much more interesting things to worry about .

Anyone used foam as the chemical fix, recently rendered a built over caravan and the owner had used expanding foam, pretty solid job.