EPS Quoins

Members online

Jerseyboy

Hello all
Just wondered how may of you have made quoins from eps if so how do you do yours
DSCN2025.JPG
DSCN2025.JPG

here are some id did a while back

Buy all the feature stone stuff off the shelf. Comes with a mesh and a base already coated, Ready to go.

They look pretty damn good... how long Di they take to do?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
Thanks
It took me 8 hours to cut and stick them all
Mesh and base coat at least 2 days work but I did as the job was progressing
But they are fiddley to keep the edges sharp.
The job was for a friend .
Got 4 full corners next year can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
It took me 8 hours to cut and stick them all
Mesh and base coat at least 2 days work but I did as the job was progressing
But they are fiddley to keep the edges sharp.
The job was for a friend .
Got 4 full corners next year can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!

that is a lot of time... worth it for looks :D

Yeah it's a slow process but pays off at the end.
I do a lot of render quoins and keystone in sand and cement its like anything practice nearly makes perfect.
I do fall behind in monocouce and all the other renders you boys use as we don't really do it here

Yeah it's a slow process but pays off at the end.
I do a lot of render quoins and keystone in sand and cement its like anything practice nearly makes perfect.
I do fall behind in monocouce and all the other renders you boys use as we don't really do it here

I fall behind on the systems as well.. I am slowly getting my head round it as well :D I think its all going to change again soon :)

We have a lot of enhancements available, products new to the Uk market, a number of quoin stones, stone effect matting, brick, wood,Etc available check out ThermalGuard web site save you alot of time and money.
Regards
Thermalguard

I've only ever did coin stones in Sand and cement. 8 hours it must be a slow process doing it in eps

I've only ever did coin stones in Sand and cement. 8 hours it must be a slow process doing it in eps
I've done plenty of quoins in sand and cement and yes it is a lot quicker than eps
But some of the pre made quoins are not that great that's why I make my own.

Sand and cement is the only thing we use on new block work
Unless it's a thin coat EWI
We don't really use monocouch renders

I to like sand & cement render
Although it tends to crack more than other renders due to the high content of cement in it unlike mono or lime renders
Tidy when done well mind

I to like sand & cement render
Although it tends to crack more than other renders due to the high content of cement in it unlike mono or lime renders
Tidy when done well mind
I've never done any mono or bagged render work but have a small house to do for a friend and might give it a go and finish with a silicone top coat