Disposable Bucket Liner - Market Research I'm Afraid!

Status
Not open for further replies.
personally I think you have missed the boat, in fact we have all missed the boat, the invention is surely the plastic flexible in all colours and sizes bucket itself, the boat has gone and sailed over the horizon

Having used the bucket glove, which is a good product by the way, the only time I used it was for patching etc because when you tip the material out onto the spot board the liner comes out at the same time. I would have thought that your product might have a market for sole workers and like you say on jobs where washing out is not possible. You might need to be careful on the patent rights, the cost of the tooling to make it and also how long it takes you to get it to market. Then you'll need people to sell it for you.

If your in an ultra posh house perhaps the Butler could wash it for you.
Alternatively you could add any left over powder into your splash bucket, give it a quick stir until its stiff enough to scoop out of your splash bucket, then put it in an empty bag, where it will then set hard.
Then when you get home have a nice cold beer bought with the money you save by not buying unnecessary shite.

You dont like the idea scotty?
Buckets are cheap enough to bin them imo and the flexy tubs like has been said can be easily bashed out.

You need to invent a way for labourers to do everything with one hand as its essential they have a phone in the other at all times!

I want a swiss army trowel that fits in my pocket so I dont need friggin buckets full of tools

Don't buy the 'Italian army' knife it only has 6 pizza cutters and a white flag.
:rolleyes)

Better.
:RpS_laugh:

Last edited:
I reckon having maybe 5 on the van could be handy for those awkward jobs. But not really an every day item normally no problem to clean a bucket.

Bricklaying is my main trade and personally I can't see any use for it in that respect. Buckets are used purely for tipping stuff out which doesn't sound ideal for a liner and again 2 minutes to clean down the end of the day. Easily get a few years out of gorilla tubs so they are pretty cost effective.

I don't reckon it's a bad idea and would have a market but see it more as an occasional thing for awkward jobs rather then an every day item.

Cheers all. The feedback on the tilers forum has been a lot more positive and I know myself that plaster is a hell of a lot easier to clean out of buckets than flexible tile adhesive is. Thanks all, especially the guy who mocked me with a Rendagluv idea, gave me a good laugh!!

Dont know much about tiling , I know @cassie and @Arti are the resident tiling experts. But don't most tilers used ready mixed gear, always loads of empties in the skip

Last edited by a moderator:
Ready mix is good for walls but not porcelain tiles. Theres loads of different adhesives. Power always for floor tiles. Saying ready mix is for DIY is showing ignorance,, bucket liner would be of no interest to me, takes 2 mins to clean a bucket

I'm going to take a wild guess and say you started off doing plastering/rendering first right Craig?

I find it hard to take criticism like the argument you so succinctly put together from someone whose website has photos showing them skimming walls that are going to be in a wet area of the bathroom, i.e. around a shower in a bath. You couldn't put a worse substrate in a wet area really if you tried to. Also, if you have tanked those walls then it certainly doesn't look like it from the photos. But no worries, that will be another bathroom shower area getting redone in 4 or 5 years time when black mould and wet patches start to come through the wall. It certainly doesn't look like it's been installed by someone with a good understanding of substrates and tanking methods to be honest.

And you say I don't have a clue right?

But then I presume you wouldn't bother to tank the walls if you are using ready mixed adhesives, because they don't set properly on tanked walls either. The only benefits ready mixed adhesives offer over cement based adhesives are they require less preparation time and they are easier to apply. They are in every other way totally inferior to their equivalent cement based adhesive products. These reasons make them much more suited to the DIY market than the professional tradesperson.

I'm sorry if you didn't like me stating my opinion and I do appreciate it may sound harsh but in my experience professional tilers do not use ready mixed adhesives and I stand by the comments I made earlier.

I've had the same skimming bucket for ten years and if you were taught right you would clean out after each mix, if you don't work that way a gorilla tub is the way to go and the tile adhesive would be a better idea but wouldn't you have to take all the adhesive out of the tub and into the rubber bucket and launch the tub any way?

I'm bloody confused.

For a start you can already buy bucket liners, that you can either wash or let dry and just rub them and the plaster falls out. All the rage in Oz where they can't tip waste water down the drain.

They aren't disposable but how on earth would a think plastic stand up to a metal power mixer, doubt it would.

Why buy disposable when there is a product you can buy once and use again and again and again and again for no cost and no risk of ripping it - in fact why create waste and throw something away when you don't have to with a reusable that already exists.

Maybe I'm missing something...

I'm going to take a wild guess and say you started off doing plastering/rendering first right Craig?

I find it hard to take criticism like the argument you so succinctly put together from someone whose website has photos showing them skimming walls that are going to be in a wet area of the bathroom, i.e. around a shower in a bath. You couldn't put a worse substrate in a wet area really if you tried to. Also, if you have tanked those walls then it certainly doesn't look like it from the photos. But no worries, that will be another bathroom shower area getting redone in 4 or 5 years time when black mould and wet patches start to come through the wall. It certainly doesn't look like it's been installed by someone with a good understanding of substrates and tanking methods to be honest.

And you say I don't have a clue right?

But then I presume you wouldn't bother to tank the walls if you are using ready mixed adhesives, because they don't set properly on tanked walls either. The only benefits ready mixed adhesives offer over cement based adhesives are they require less preparation time and they are easier to apply. They are in every other way totally inferior to their equivalent cement based adhesive products. These reasons make them much more suited to the DIY market than the professional tradesperson.

I'm sorry if you didn't like me stating my opinion and I do appreciate it may sound harsh but in my experience professional tilers do not use ready mixed adhesives and I stand by the comments I made earlier.
In Germany. But will reply Tue. Adv c and g pal did it in my apprenticeship so so pal. Looks like you swallowed some b and q tiling leaflets,

I dont really see the point... getting rid of water is easy and if you work it out you dont waste much...

Will be interesting to see the end product and what others think

Good luck buddy :)

if you invented an attatchment for a drill that was like a big toilet brush and used that to clean your bucket you'd get much richer much quicker ( I want 20 percent, thanks)

I think croft is a nob and he can shuv his bucket jonny up his ass :thumbup:

I'm more than happy to listen to constructive criticism - that is why I started this thread obviously. I sincerely thought I was dealing with professional tradespeople on these forums? Your 'witty' reply reads like it has been typed by a 13 year old kid who has no idea how to use English correctly. If your intellectual level is such that you can only resort to playground insults then at least try and spell them correctly. Spelling four letter words correctly is not really that difficult.

Thanks to all of those who have taken the time to post constructive criticism of the idea. It's been very useful and has certainly told me that whilst there appears to be a market selling to tilers there certainly isn't one for plasterers.

I'm not here to engage in pointless arguments with people who act like school kids so I won't be engaging in further posts here but will continue to read all the constructive ones.

Many thanks!

Could you make these a bit bigger say about the size of a bag of plaster, with a zip like a giant pencil case you sell them as a plaster transportation system.
You may sell a load to @BritishGypsum cause there current system is phish.

Last edited by a moderator:
Get back to tilers forum where they will stroke your ego and tell you it's a good idea it's stupid for plastering and will never take off, I will not be investing my children's inheritance on such a stupid idea, I am out but good luck.

I've invented plastic trowel gloves saves cleaning them too. Currently working on the whisk Johnny combined with the bucket liner every day your starting fresh and clean and can knock off 10 minutes early with all that saved time.

Status
Not open for further replies.