Crashed my van

Status
Not open for further replies.

markj

I have crashed my van
Insurance says its going to be a write off ...

So my question is what van do you recommend and why

Oh,that's a sickener,hope you are ok.i have a Peugeot boxer but I don't recommend them, it depends on whether you're buying new,what size you want,what weight you carry all the time,whether you collect or get deliveries ,

I am fine thanks @ johniosaif
I normally collect my my materials ..I had a renault kangoo but want something bigger as I am starting to take on bigger jobs and more room will definitely be good
Jist don't want something massive as parking it at home will be an issue
I am hiring a vauxhall vivaro at the moment and quite like it.
Won't be buying brand new

I normally collect my my materials ..I had a renault kangoo but want something bigger as I am starting to take on bigger jobs and more room will definitely be good
The ex bt transits are great in my opinion

I Bought a brand new vivaro the slave cylinder went on the clutch after 20k miles been done under warranty and feels like its on the way out again less then 4 months later.
Mate of mine bought a brand new custom transit its had a new gearbox on 8k miles and now the doors have dropped so the Central locking isn't engaging properly.
Everythings built to a price these days it seems a gamble no matter what you buy.
Glad you wasn't hurt in the crash, any tool casualties or were they all strapped in?.

I Bought a brand new vivaro the slave cylinder went on the clutch after 20k miles been done under warranty and feels like its on the way out again less then 4 months later.
Mate of mine bought a brand new custom transit its had a new gearbox on 8k miles and now the doors have dropped so the Central locking isn't engaging properly.
Everythings built to a price these days it seems a gamble no matter what you buy.
Glad you wasn't hurt in the crash, any tool casualties or were they all strapped in?.

Most of the tools were strapped in but there was a couple of them that didnt look so good lol
Thanks for letting me know about the vans
:)

Think we are all different regarding what we carry etc, I very rarely pick up materials, just a few bags here & there, but my pet hate is having a van that's too big, with gear feckin sliding around in the back.
Van I have now is perfect, get ALL my gear in at once, (so long as I load it) and nothing will get damaged, I tend to find most things can get damaged in transit rather than on site.
I have a Peugeot Expert. Wouldn't advise anyone to get one without the hdi though.

Get one of these and next time you crash its them not you needing a new van (y)
Crashed my van

I have had many vans over the years fords citroens renaults the standout ones were vw and they hold their value

i have notice that nissen have an electric van, no road tax , needs a charge up after 160 miles. one did out accelerate my mazda the other week.

Thanks everyone for the advice
I have bought a van now and will just have to see if it's any good lol

Nissan primastar 08 plate
Fits on my front garden and is an x demonstrator so is fully loaded with all extras.
And the price was right
So will see how it goes.

2 of my best friends, 1 owns a primastar, others a mechanic who works for himself. He said they are a great van, but look after your gearbox [emoji106]

2 of my best friends, 1 owns a primastar, others a mechanic who works for himself. He said they are a great van, but look after your gearbox [emoji106]

Thanks for the advise
Just had a full service on it and new brake pads all round.
Will try and look after the gearbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.