construction orders down by huge 23%

Status
Not open for further replies.

plasterjfe

Private Member
considering the master government plan was to get britain back on track it seem the twits numbers dont add up coz its worse than last year...................

The volume of new construction orders fell by 23% in the first quarter of 2011, compared with the fourth quarter of 2010, according to the Office for National Statistics.

Compared to the first quarter of 2010, total new construction orders were down by 18%.
The numbers are likely to be challenged by industry organisations who believe that construction is now beginning to recover, albeit slowly and with difficulty.
According to the ONS, all sectors showed a fall in new orders in the first quarter compared with the fourth quarter
The value of infrastructure orders in the first quarter of 2011 fell by 48% compared with the previous quarter and by 45% compared with the same period a year earlier. All data are based on constant price seasonally adjusted estimates.
Private housing orders fell by 13% on the previous quarter but rose 16% compared with the same period last year.
Public housing orders were down 20% on the previous quarter and 17% on the same period last year.
Public non-housing orders (excluding infrastructure) fell 25% on the previous quarter, and were down 24% on the same period a year earlier.
Private commercial orders were down 13% compared with the previous quarter and by 11% on Q1 2010.
Private industrial orders were 12% down quarter-on-quarter and 3% down year-on-year.

john you know it I know it we are fcuked mate,more so you guys who are trying to do large contracts/employ men etc etc its just not worth it anymore you ve got more chance making a decentish living as a 1 man band with less pressure.these fcuking idiots who get into politics are clueless if i hear david cameron tell me we`re all in it together one more friggin time i swear i`ll end up on the news

camerons true about we all in it together !, its just a pity that them sods arnt in it as much as the average working man !!!!!!!!!

Paul you know me. I like to get militant, I aint a doom and gloom person Im always buzzin but I still got the anger in me with this shower, like the jam, so I post the articles from a well respected journal in the industry to get more people in the light about how the fekers are bad for business bad for britain they aint aimed at everyone here but there are some big contractors too that will like to see the info.

I may read the journal, get angry, smash a cup, then go out happy you gotta let the anger out mate, especially when your owed more than 12K from cnuts cos of the recession

AAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOORRRAAGGGGHHHH

see it works

fcukng hell i think someone should go round and make sure hes not hurt him self

no your spot on john i cud nt agree more.too many rules and regulations too much red tape and too many out of touch numpties running the shoe not punishing those responsible.i mean for christ sake you try and employ someone next thing their on the sick for 6 months brilliant in it.as far as im concerned this country has totally drained any entrepeunership out of me its not worth it

We should not be worrying in the summer about work if any thing turning it away not this year , I do not even want to think about the winter. There must be spreads out there flat out with work it just cannot be all gloom and doom. Please tell me different.

flat out also but i employ lads full time aswell,
and the paperwork and legislation is out of hand and seems to be getting worse,with bank hols and compulsory holiday pay etc im paying each lad around a month a year while there not at work

i aint crowing for sympathy pal,
just saying hmrc and NI are making it harder and harder to employ people, if i could manage on my own i would.

your a god gibbo, at least your turning a coin rock and your making money owls your a yorkshire man LOL.

owls knows the score he s been knocked and as he says having tp pay a guy a months pay a year for nowt is hard to recover.some make big money but hey if they get the jobs provide the men and complete them then they have earnt every penny.as i say ive lost the will to be an entrepeneur now cant be ar5ed the risks outweigh the rewards

Status
Not open for further replies.