Conncrete path

Status
Not open for further replies.
good luck bigbro over there ! enjoyed your spat with lucuis think you just edged it! maybe after extra time and pens well done!

Last edited:
Your English ain't much better mate! LOL.
You spelled quite a lot of it wrong. Your Spanish writing is probably similar to my Spanish pronunciation. I really stuggle with the pronunciation at times and get some funny looks from the dagos. :-0

You asked if I have much work? The answer is yes. I do general building. I've been very lucky. Me and the wife moved to Ibiza 5 years ago this month. The recession has hit the island but a lot of wealthy people own property here. A lot of money concentrated in a small area so it's been ok for me.
I do pretty much everything apart from the carpentry, electrics and plumbing and I subbed out some suspended ceilings recently because I struggle with overhead work these days (dodgy shoulder). I don't use any labourers full time at the moment because there isn't quite enough work right now but I get them in for a few days or weeks at a time.
It looks like I have a nice job coming up as this one finishes. The customers want loads of things doing like an extension, dry stone walls, landscaping, infinity swimming pool, indoor stuff etc etc. Not all at once though so I can keep a lot of the work for myself without having to sub too much of it out and it should keep me busy for quite a while.

Before I left in England I had been working as a bricklayer full time for 5 years. The subby I was working for had about 60 on the trowel. The last time I spoke to his wife she said they were down to 5! How is it where you are?[/QUOTE
Awfull mate ive been back in the UK now for 2 years and keeping busy just to many tossers in Spain with no trade back ground just blagging it for a bit of daywork money trouble is greedy beardy expats would rather go with them than a proffesssional, i was back in the summer and there was no work at all and the few that were left were begging for €40 a day good luck to them lol

Status
Not open for further replies.