checkatrade numpty

Members online

Well its d day boys sat here waiting for my checkatrade vetting just got a txt saying he's running late..bet British gypsum wud be on time
And you still haven't got a tpf mug!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Its done..i had to get handboard and trowel out of van and he checked if I was holding it properly,I also had to put my pouch on and he checked it looked cool and I had to fill a bucket up with water..vetting completed in now a member

Reactions: Pug
Its done..i had to get handboard and trowel out of van and he checked if I was holding it properly,I also had to put my pouch on and he checked it looked cool and I had to fill a bucket up with water..vetting completed in now a member
Now you just have to wait till mrs Jones rings you to skim a ceiling, life's good!
Good luck with it anyways

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Bit more stringent than some schemes we have discussed lately ;)

What an anti climax, was looking forward to kitchens review..feels like just watched England game

I'll take that as a no, so that throws @gps argument about his beloved lead buying sites being more stringent the bg right up in the air

Does it really matter, only really shows after a few reviews, bit like when you first started and no one knew if you was good or not. Hope it works well for you though if it does, might be worth a look for me..... I don't do site, probably couldn't keep up with you site spreads

Does it really matter, only really shows after a few reviews, bit like when you first started and no one knew if you was good or not. Hope it works well for you though if it does, might be worth a look for me..... I don't do site, probably couldn't keep up with you site spreads
I'm not knocking the sites mate, just wondering how someone can say one scheme is the dogs bolloxs but other is a con.

Getting on British gypsum scheme will be miles harder than getting on my builder,rated people,checkatrade there isn't even a argument there..bg boy how do we go about getting on bg scheme mite aswell ask you as u work for them and no smart arse comments Vince as id eat u for dust at plastering

I'll say again online word of mouth is not a con it's the way forward, what gets lost is this, you have site work, you have builders doing extensions etc, then you have joe public who like having work done and go to theses sites Checkatrade, trustatrader, mybuilder etc where they can be reassured that who they are hiring has previous good reviews so fellas if alls you do is house bashing or work for builders please this is a different market that is not a con as it's cheaper than alternative advertising.
Go to yahoo or google type in local plasterer carpenter sparky and see what tops the list that's where people go my friends.
The more people that hate on it or not on it the better as far as I'm concerned, but it's the ill informed and ignorance and seemingly snobbery that gets me

Getting on British gypsum scheme will be miles harder than getting on my builder,rated people,checkatrade there isn't even a argument there..bg boy how do we go about getting on bg scheme mite aswell ask you as u work for them and no smart arse comments Vince as id eat u for dust at plastering

It will be no harder I guarantee

I'll say again online word of mouth is not a con it's the way forward, what gets lost is this, you have site work, you have builders doing extensions etc, then you have joe public who like having work done and go to theses sites Checkatrade, trustatrader, mybuilder etc where they can be reassured that who they are hiring has previous good reviews so fellas if alls you do is house bashing or work for builders please this is a different market that is not a con as it's cheaper than alternative advertising.
Go to yahoo or google type in local plasterer carpenter sparky and see what tops the list that's where people go my friends.
The more people that hate on it or not on it the better as far as I'm concerned, but it's the ill informed and ignorance and seemingly snobbery that gets me
Gps I think ur on about another thing here ur arguing with yasen..i guarantee checks,my builder will bring in miles more work that British gypsum scheme I think lads were saying it was harder to get on it than my builder..or am I missing the point..

I'm gonna agree with @gps here, and ask this...........who, when booking a well earned holiday doesn't consult "trip adviser".......similar thing I think.
E-commended, might be the new watchword.

I'm gonna agree with @gps here, and ask this...........who, when booking a well earned holiday doesn't consult "trip adviser".......similar thing I think.
E-commended, might be the new watchword.
Knw1 is disputing it are there? I thought argument was its harder vetting wise on British than my builder..