Best Vans

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone got a mwb transit 350 with the 90 PS engine ? Mk6

I Wonder how they are on fuel when most journey is 75 on motorway ? ?

I should think with such little power it would have a lower ratio gear box making it a bit of a screamer at 75mph. And as such juicy!

Haha not many people know about vans speed limits , 50 on a single national speed limit 60 motorways etc lol, never heard of any one gettin pulled doing 70 in a van though ?

shite I used to have one john,
vastly under powered, your using more fuel because its busting at 2 and half thousand revs at 60 odd mile an hour.

I should think with such little power it would have a lower ratio gear box making it a bit of a screamer at 75mph. And as such juicy!

I dunno I drive a 75 PS 280 now and its fine at 70 or 80 mph and I get 550 miles out of a full tank

shite I used to have one john,
vastly under powered, your using more fuel because its busting at 2 and half thousand revs at 60 odd mile an hour.

Sack it then. I know where theres a few really mint ones going and they all really low miles about 60k

yep I bought it new on a 54 plate, I didn't have it long.

ill be getting rid of my 2 transits this year, that I bought new, if your after a transit ill give you a shout, but there standard size ones.

Last edited:
I dunno I drive a 75 PS 280 now and its fine at 70 or 80 mph and I get 550 miles out of a full tank
Im surprised it made it to 80mph with such a small stable of horses. I take it the 280 stands for 2800k max gross on a transit? What length van is that then John, I would have thought with the payload on that it would be no good to you?

It is the Max payload for that model. Top speed is 94 ish empty. You can tell in the low range when its laden that its got no ba11s.

I manage because it doubles as my day to day vehicle see.

Should got a 300 weight but the 280 is just about OK with the pump and Genny. Thing is we have pump in one van and Genny in the other. Hardly ever have bags too so it not a prob although I am looking at mwb mid roof now as the way forward. Could do with t300 of above on weight too but I do £100 quid a week in fuel so I want to keep my eye on that also......

I gotta xlwb hi top relay, 120 ps. Do a lot of damp proofing so can set belle mixer up on stand inside + jumbo bag sand in side door (hard to get place to mix roadside London ) and crack on. Plenty of power, fast and v comfortable vans.
mpg reasonable but they do seem to suffer a lot of electrical probs, mine not too bad tho

I don't know about that Marshy! :RpS_laugh:

I make it up as I go along, and so far have managed to blag my way through :RpS_thumbsup:
Hahahaha. But you don't come across as a bullspitter so I'd feel I could trust you to be fair

Sportline. Proper van. How do you get on with the painted bumpers though? Must be battered at the back.

I've had a t5 for 8 years and I'll be buying another when it dies. Without a doubt.
I wouldn't have anything else. Had the Caddy Maxi Sportline briefly but it wasn't big enough after the T5. Only kept it for 4 months.

I wouldn't have anything else. Had the Caddy Maxi Sportline briefly but it wasn't big enough after the T5. Only kept it for 4 months.

Nice! They definately make the best looking vans by a long shot! I'd love a really nice one but it'd be hammered in no time :(

Nice! They definately make the best looking vans by a long shot! I'd love a really nice one but it'd be hammered in no time :(
Mine was nice until I got a dog. Now the gear knob is half eaten, the dash is scratched to f@ck, and occasionally I find a little plastic bag of **** that i've overlooked.

I took a picture of my vivaro sportive today and I think your right Tony now I look at it :RpS_laugh: .The only thing its got going for it is that it in gunmetal grey rather than white or silver. I was going to put a picture up but it will get slated to death

I took a picture of my vivaro sportive today and I think your right Tony now I look at it :RpS_laugh: .The only thing its got going for it is that it in gunmetal grey rather than white or silver. I was going to put a picture up but it will get slated to death

go for it Chris, cant be any worse than this....:RpS_blushing:

Tony have you seen the new T6 yet. It due out next year. I think its the T6. If you do a search on guhoogle thats what comes up moo

Status
Not open for further replies.