Basement wont dry

Members online

Adam1976

Been trying to get a basement dry. About 100 years old. The bricks were damp. Tanked all walls, then sand/cement render. Found that the render had wet areas. Thinking that this must be condensation. To attempt to solve this Condensation, I've applied a double coat of breathable lime plaster. Still got the Condensation in places. Any ideas.

Attachments

• 20240227_105322.jpg
    20240227_105322.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 37
Been trying to get a basement dry. About 100 years old. The bricks were damp. Tanked all walls, then sand/cement render. Found that the render had wet areas. Thinking that this must be condensation. To attempt to solve this Condensation, I've applied a double coat of breathable lime plaster. Still got the Condensation in places. Any ideas.
100 years being the age of the property.

If anything, tanking slurry it will of made it worse, @trapping that moisture @can not breath.
As Showing in pics ….

@only use breathable products
Needs it all removing ,back to original/needs good ventilation & needs dehumidification & install some permanent heat
@ control humidity