Artex Stabilex

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

henry

Private Member
Any of you guys used stabilex it says for binding powerdy surfaces. I will be skimming over old lime paint and in the past it has not always been easy to control the suction on these surfaces.

On this chalky lime surfaces pva nor plasprime sorts the suction out , I am going to try out the artex sealer and see how that goes.

bonding agent will sort a friable surface mate, but its not for suction control.... 2 different animals...

Henry i use this kit on all re-skims, i use the Wikes own stuff 2.5 lt tub mixed with same amount of water makes up an empty 5 lt pva tub which will do an average living room easy.
I find it stabilises the walls really well and kills the suction, ill then just give it 1 stifish PVA prior to spreading once its tacky. Never had any cracking and gives you plenty of time.

AB

I will order it off the artex site spunk not sure of the price yet. Yer I think thats the way am going to go airbourne.

It's good stuff henry any stabilising solution will do the job, the other week I did a h/s/l ceilings were chalky as fcuk I used sandtex stabilising solution (the water based one/quick drying), only because I had a spare tub from a high build job I did last year.
But it did the job:RpS_thumbup: gave it 2 coats then pva.

Yes,i used it on a 4-bed house that i had entirely re-skimmed.Two walls failed [after 6 months] in a bedroom,i had gone over a sanded down artex finish.Rollered on two coats of stabilex,let it dry,then PVA'd and skimmed as normal.No re-visit as yet.Last week i used it on lime painted Victorian brick wall in a University building,the exsisting render/skim was cracked,hollow and came away in rigid sheets.This time i rollered on two coats ,both neat,PVA and a tight scratch coat of bonding,then hardwall,then skim.

Status
Not open for further replies.