Anna the Pargeter has found this forum HURRAH!

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnnaKettle

Hello!

I am that rare bird ... a female plasterer ... and have been working for over twelve years now. I work as a plaster conservator and a Pargeter and anyone who does not live in East Anglia will be looking completely blank at that word!

Pargeting is ornamental plasterwork, normally freehand in lime plaster and often on the outside of buildings. It was popular in much of England between about 1660 and 1780 and is still a live trade in Suffolk and North Essex where there are several plasterers who offer it as an 'extra'.

The picture shows the two main sorts of pargeting - combed panels which are spaced between windows and doors - and freehand modelling

Anna the Pargeter has found this forum HURRAH!

There are plenty more pictures and info on my Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Anna-Kettle-Pargeting/494981380624928
and on my web page
www.kettlenet.co.uk

Very pleased to have found this page -thanks to Paul Batey - and I hope to hang around and chat ...
Anna

Welcome along anna.
A slowly dying art, nice to see someone keeping it alive. Beats the hell out of mono and its ilk. :)

Lol, I have fractured my shoulder after tripping over my girls's little shoe this morning- a little shoe as opposed climbing over ladders and planks, dr thinks my shoulder dislocated and fractured which require operation with metal plate which will kiss bye with my career, but lead orthopaedic carefully examined images from MRI and operation not needed. Big wake up call to play safe both home and work! Accidents do wait to happen.

Come on Ryan you can tell us the truth, you tripped whilst wearing high heels again didn't you? :rolleyes)

Lol, my missus running around looking after my two little kids and me, am left handed as fracture is left shoulder, unable to do things like driving, cleaning up after my mess in toilet, etc etc , I feel sorry for her ....

Thats the trouble with left handers mate unfortunately :RpS_unsure:
Wtf she has to wipe yo ass? :RpS_scared:

Lol, I have fractured my shoulder after tripping over my girls's little shoe this morning- a little shoe as opposed climbing over ladders and planks, dr thinks my shoulder dislocated and fractured which require operation with metal plate which will kiss bye with my career, but lead orthopaedic carefully examined images from MRI and operation not needed. Big wake up call to play safe both home and work! Accidents do wait to happen.

hi Ryan hope you make a speedy recovery :RpS_thumbsup: sorry :RpS_thumbup:

ryan, you said the other day that english wasn't your mother tongue. where are you from? did you say south africa?

Hi Anna
can you give some feedback on chalk lime as I tried to promote it on here recently, it seems very versatile have you used it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.