Advertising on ebay

Staff online

Status
Not open for further replies.
cant say i have, but that got me wondering how many people would go lookin on ebay for a plasterer???
bit like goin to argos for an electrician :D

Ive been looking and there are loads of different tradesmen on there from plasterers to decking and fencing. They go under the classified ads section. I was thinking of doing it myself as it looks cheap and proffesional but not sure if it is popular enough as a classified ads site to be worth it.

i stand corrected then :-[
still, isnt ebay a national thing? if i wanted a tradesman id look in the local press, maybe yellow pages...but i suppose it cant hurt
just typed plasterer in google, no mention of ebay on first page at all, got 'ratedpeople.com', 'consumer protection agency', 'thomson local', load of trade sites... no ebay sponsored though...
ive 1 advert in local paper, gets about 5 calls a week, costs £58 a month...peterborough area

I agree with you on looking in the local paper and yellow pages. I put an ad in my local paper now and again but only do it for a week as it costs me £35 for the week and thats just a simple few lines ad. The main thing that caught my eye with ebay was the fact you have your very own page and can display pics of your work. It only costs about £5 a month too. I know I must be sounding like a rep for ebay but i think that the deal they offer is the best in terms of ad space, it just isnt know for its classified ads section. If you are looking for tradesmen in your area you type in your postcode and it brings up the nearest first.

Status
Not open for further replies.